Outlook Problem_ Outgoing Server

qwunk89

hey all,

can someone help me out? this is strange. i already have my outlook outgoing server as smtp.ttt.maxnet. i just moved and now have premier instead of indy. why can't i send outgoing mail now? is there some difference between indy and premier? i already tried changing the outoing port to 26, 80 and the one around 155 (forget the number exactly) with no luck. currently it is set at 25 where it was when i used indy. thanks for any advice. really stumped here.

chris

I use TT&T Premier as well.

What works for me is to use port 465 as outgoing and select SSL encryption. Don't ask me why cause I can't tell you :) But at least it works both at my house and at my work where we also use TT&T premier.

thanks dOndela,

tried it, and i could find the outgoing server but i still could not log onto the server. man, frustrating. anyone else have any advice?

thanks again

Edited by qwunk89

Did you remember to set the settings under the outgoing server tab?

Usually just tick the checkmark "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and select "use same settings as my incoming mail server".

Did you remember to set the settings under the outgoing server tab?

Usually just tick the checkmark "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and select "use same settings as my incoming mail server".

yes, still cannot connect to server. when i run the test email, i get 4 checks but cannot send test email - either cannot connect to outgoing server or cannot log on to outgoing server.

i'm going to bed, maybe when i wake up in the morning it will magically work. what a headache.

Yes it is for some of my email accounts, but most of them I use the one that comes with the webhost, e.g. mail.mydomain.com.

And that works for both incoming and outgoing.

I have a few email accounts based in Denmark, and they don't work with the original mail server, so there I have to use smtp.tttmaxnet.com.

NB: If you are using smtp.maxnet.com you should have no problems using port 25 and no encryption on the outgoing server. Also do not tick the "my outgoing server requires authentication" since it doesn't.

I will try to cook together some screenshots and PM them to you when I get a second.

How will your experience with changing to premium from Indy work out?

On Indy my port 25 and 26 works fine...maybe downgrade again? I'm thinking of going premium but to be honest I'm very scared of it...I think it might be twice the price for twice as slow...

Please post your speedtest results from Premier over here (international before 9:30 am)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Maxnet-Showd...81#entry2859181

I had unresolvable outgoing SMTP problems with my ISP (Maxnet who are a joke so I switched to CAT who didn't know what an SMTP server was).

I now subscribe to SMTP.COM - its not expensive and you wont have any further problems sending mail.

thanks all,

i might have to use SMTP.COM as the solution. just can't figure it out, everything is the same as my last two outlook settings with tt&t - except this time i have premier. tried all the offerred solutions and then some. thanks for the advice.

also, the basic premier (1090 baht) is faster than the indy 4meg (790 baht). not so much, but can use Skype all day instead of just in the morning and late at night (as was with Indy for the last few months - 3 months ago Indy was fine all day for Skype). at least in my experience . .

thanks again.

Edited by qwunk89

Did you try the smtp.gmail.com - 587 & TLS trick? It works for me - even with my own servers - especially in

strange, para places. Plus - its free.

Bubba

sorry, this is going to sound stupid . . but what does TLS mean?

I take it ya havent

Bubba

TLS - Transport Layer Security - protocol - maybe use 'if available'

tried it, and can find the outgoing smtp server but cannot log on. thanks though. i though it was going to work for a minute, everything checked quickly except the test email.

on a side note, i went back to my old place with maxnet indy and changed my setting back to port 25 with smtp.ttt.maxnet as the outgoing and everything sent fine . .

MAN!! I AM GOING TO START BREAKING THINGS!!!! I just registered for SMTP2GO and it still doesn't work!! Same thing, can find outgoing smtp but cannot connect . . <deleted>!! Seriously . . am i missing something?? I have moved 4 or 5 times in Thailand and always been able to adjust my outlook to work no problem . . what is up? this is bs!

Call your ISP - sounds like there may be a lock on it - might be an old unpaid bill/spam/?

Or proprietary smtp.

Can you browse properly?

What browser?

Presume XP?

What AV?

Download & install TB - do a simple email check.

Have not used Outanything in +7 years.

Did you setup a Gmail/browser account & means test it?

Bubba

thanks verydumbubba!

you were right, tt&t had some sort of lock on (isp i guess) . . had a thai friend call and now everything is perfect. thanks everyone who offered advice! much appreciated. can relax this weekend now . . just have to remember to cancel my smpt2go free trial

sorry about my previous post, i was close to losing it . .

thanks again!! :)