Doi Inthanon Pagoda

I hate critiquing anothers photo because it implies I know more than you. this is not the case at all.

The best I can do is is show changes that make it more pleasing to my eyes. Here is my submission to cut back on the washed out whites -- there is some detail to be found there.

post-41235-1247117869_thumb.jpg

Its a shame there are not more people in the foreground, pictures with people seem to improve with age. In forty years these pictures will some day bring bring lots os joy anf fun to family and friends.

Thanks for posting

I hate critiquing anothers photo because it implies I know more than you. this is not the case at all.

The best I can do is is show changes that make it more pleasing to my eyes. Here is my submission to cut back on the washed out whites -- there is some detail to be found there.

post-41235-1247117869_thumb.jpg

Its a shame there are not more people in the foreground, pictures with people seem to improve with age. In forty years these pictures will some day bring bring lots os joy anf fun to family and friends.

Thanks for posting

Thanks for your advice what programme did you use I am using picasa 3

• 2 months later...
[

I use Apple's Aperture often with Photoshop 3 as an out side editor. I believe Lightroom would be a good choice for PC users.

I'll be honest. I'm not sure it's appropriate to edit the photos of others unless first asking permission. It's a bit presumptuous. In this particular case, I don't think you improved the photo anyways. It looks more unreal after editing.

In terms of the original photo, a little cropping needed, a little off-center, and perhaps just a tad darker to take away the brightness of the steps.

I use Apple's Aperture often with Photoshop 3 as an out side editor. I believe Lightroom would be a good choice for PC users.

I'll be honest. I'm not sure it's appropriate to edit the photos of others unless first asking permission.

Hi 'phetaroi',

Welcome to this forum :D

Just a little word in your ear (sorry) :D but, that it is allowed without permission to post your own version of the photo that has been posted in this and only in this forum ' Evaluate my photo'. :D

Hence 'phetaroi' "Evaluate the photos as you wish" and do your very best to help us to improve our photos. :)

Yours truly,

Kan Win (your local Mod) :D

I'll be honest. I'm not sure it's appropriate to edit the photos of others unless first asking permission.

Hi 'phetaroi',

Welcome to this forum :D

Just a little word in your ear (sorry) :D but, that it is allowed without permission to post your own version of the photo that has been posted in this and only in this forum ' Evaluate my photo'. :D

Hence 'phetaroi' "Evaluate the photos as you wish" and do your very best to help us to improve our photos. :)

Yours truly,

Kan Win (your local Mod) :D

Fair enough. I didn't find that in the pinned section. Where are the rules?

what I want to know is how you were lucky to be there on a clear day ? every time I went it was always cloudy :D

:) How very true. Was there once when we stood right next to the pagoda and couldn't even see it the fog was so dense. All I could think was -- this is where they landed helicopters during the Vietnam War?