How The##*** Do I Work This

JacknDanny

Hey you guys, I am a complete numpty when it comes to computers. A couple of questions.

1) How, when I reply to a post , can I do it so that just one sentence or a few words are quoted, instead of reams and reams of literature prior to my comment being present.

2)How do I get a picture. I think you call them avators.

3)How do I put a quote in blue under the responses I make

Thanking you in anticipation

Hey you guys, I am a complete numpty when it comes to computers. A couple of questions.

No worries mate.

1) How, when I reply to a post , can I do it so that just one sentence or a few words are quoted, instead of reams and reams of literature prior to my comment being present.

There are several ways. 1 you can hit p_quote.gif inside the thread you want to reply to, then delete the text you do not want to appear in the quote. 2 you can hit the t_reply.gif button at the bottom of the thread, then scroll back to the thread you want to reply to and copy and paste the text into the reply panel. You will then need to highlight (select) the text you are quoting and hit the QUOTE button at the top of your text box...make sense?

You will need to find one from somewhere on the net, make your own. There are threads around that discuss this. HERE, for more try searching for avatar in the forum search at the top of each page. Inserting your avatar, there is a link HERE

That is called your "signature", click on "my controls" which is found at the top of each page and look down the menu on the left of screen, click on Edit Signature link and away you go...

Easy!!!

Hey you guys' date=' I am a complete numpty when it comes to computers. A couple of questions.[/quote']

No worries mate.

1) How' date=' when I reply to a post , can I do it so that just one sentence or a few words are quoted, instead of reams and reams of literature prior to my comment being present.[/quote']

There are several ways. 1 you can hit p_quote.gif inside the thread you want to reply to, then delete the text you do not want to appear in the quote. 2/

?

[

[

Easy!!!

[

]

Cheers I think I got number 1 ok, number 3 looks fine. Unfortunately the avators looks beyond me, I will end up snapping and smashing my computer so I will leave it as it is. Thanks for the help

Thanking you in anticipation

Gees ah well.