Multiple-b Vientiane - Forget It

Just back from Vientiane. Applied there for another 1-Year-Multiple-B. Read the "Lucky Guy" report and, as I will have to do some business in my home country at the end of September anyway, I just wanted to give it a try to proof the Multiple-B-thing in Vientiane. That`s the comming-out:

As I needed some holidays and wanted to stay in Laos for some days, I showed up, within my business suite and necktye and all that gentleman shit, at the new, and really well organised, consular department, on a Friday at 8:15AM, got number 1 out of the ticket machine, and handed over this pile of paper work, with the - Multiple Non B marked - application form on top and a 200,000THB invoice tax receipt of the last year and a WP valid until April next year in the middle, to this nice and very polite lady behind the counter, just to get the response: "Oh, paper work OK, sir, but no Multiple her, sir, not possible here, sir, singel enty only sir, sorry, sir. As this sounded justlike a sort of programmed Voice Answering Machine, I insisted to talk to her boss, as this is a Thai embassy with the business, among others, of selling visas to foreigners, who want to stay up in Thailand and make the country even more rich and take care of a family and pay the fee of a study for the daughter of his girlfriend, before she will end up in ... (you know, what I mean). So well, of course, "the boss" is a busy man and not in house at the moment and GOD knows, if, when he will be back, and if I wanted to waste my time, it was up to me...

OK, my Thai girlfriend and managing director, who was joining me, insisted to talk to that boss, and THE BOSS (the guy, who is autorised to sign visas) showed up within 3 minutes, giving a sermon about Thai visa/extension of stay contradictions, and I could have signed any single sentence of his speech, but he should have given this sermon to his government, but not to the hazzeled farang, who rips his ash apart, just to get permission to feed a Thai family and to pay tax to Thailand, just to feed this sort of his own. Result: Even my managing director was not able to squeeze a Multipe-B out of this ...hole.

Seems, the reported LUCKY GUY ran into the ambassador in the flesh, to get his Multiple-B stickered into his passport.

Ah, yea, a good advice I got from THE BOSS: "Got to Immigration and give your best to get an extension of stay..."

Anyone any idea of the current exchange rate of "Your best" into THB-bucks ? :)

Cheers

Ralf