Question On Thai Etiquette

Theyreallrubbish

They call me Khun when talking to me but refer to me as Loong "uncle" when talking to each other.

Is this polite or not? A good thing or a bad thing?

I'm not that old, late 30s only!

Yes.this is a nice and polite way to call you,given that you are older than them. :)

you should be very happy with that! take it as a compliment. Both terms are used respectfully, it is easier to keep the respect by calling you Loong when speaking about you to each other, than it is to keep saying Khun whatever all the time, they already know what your name is

don't worry about how young you think you are, if you are older than them, you're older, and thats it.

Thanks all,

I knew about pee, but loong just seemed a little over familiar.

They don't use it when talking to me, just when talking to each other about me.

So for example, if my name was Bill they greet me saying "Sawatdee ka Khun Bill" but for example I heard one staff member say to another over the phone, "Loong Bill ja py offit by sahm"

I asked the staff member why she called me loong and she said that the 8 year old daughter of one of my staff members calls me loong so they all do. She then added, "You're not young any more you know" !!! :):D :D

I was just wondering since I'm not related or married to any of them and since I'm their boss if by being so familiar with me they were being disrespectful