Moving Householdgoods (1 Room) Fr. Switzerland To Thailand

Dario

My 87year old mother is going to move at the end of August from Central Switzerland (Canton Glarus) to Pattaya. She was here last month and she has decided with a light heart to come and live in the tropics instead of going one more time trough a hard winter which almost killed her a few months ago.

Renowned WELTI FURRER quoted us CHF 8,400 which I find exorbitant just for a room she has at the Home for Elderly there. Is there anyone who recently sent household goods with a small container or in what we call in German a (Sammel) Container?

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by Dario

Just dump or sell everything and just come with a suitcase of essentials.

For 100,000 Baht/CHF 3,500 you can furnish a house with everything you need including a 32 inch lcd TV. But you must surely know that anyway?

In addition to the shipping costs you will then have to cope with customs and import duty. It is simply not worth bringing stuff like furniture over here.

Just dump or sell everything and just come with a suitcase of essentials.

For 100,000 Baht/CHF 3,500 you can furnish a house with everything you need including a 32 inch lcd TV. But you must surely know that anyway?

In addition to the shipping costs you will then have to cope with customs and import duty. It is simply not worth bringing stuff like furniture over here.

There sure is some truth in your answer! But it always depends on the situation. This here is about an old lady who would like to have the things around her she has been with for so long. Looks like we are going to get now a quote of CHF 6,000.-- from a competitor and she will accept that one. Everything in life has a price but we all want to pay as little as possible ...

And when your items arrive in Thailand be prepared to go along with your Passport and to answer lots of questions to the Customs officers. I was told that I could not send over items that looked new, and I had to sign and promise to them that I would not be selling the items over here.

It was a right palarva. I wished I had never have bothered.

And when your items arrive in Thailand be prepared to go along with your Passport and to answer lots of questions to the Customs officers. I was told that I could not send over items that looked new, and I had to sign and promise to them that I would not be selling the items over here.

For anyone planning a removal from Switzerland I would like to recommend a very good company: Gmür + Co AG - Umzüge weltweit - worldwide movers in Luzern +41 041 360 60 00. Contact Mr. Peter Gmuer at [email protected], he is the company owner and is a very gentle person who really listens to your needs. He made us a quote of CHF 5.900.-- door to door which is way below of what Welti Furrer quoted us. Mods, this is no spam, I just truly would like to recommend a very competitive removal service for people in need!

Edited by Dario

For anyone planning a removal from Switzerland I would like to recommend a very good company: Gmür + Co AG - Umzüge weltweit - worldwide movers in Luzern +41 041 360 60 00. Contact Mr. Peter Gmuer at [email protected], he is the company owner and is a very gentle person who really listens to your needs. He made us a quote of CHF 5.900.-- door to door which is way below of what Welti Furrer quoted us. Mods, this is no spam, I just truly would like to recommend a very competitive removal service for people in need!

Whoa whoa whoa, 5,900 CHF = nealry $5,500 USD right ?????????????? :)

Whoa whoa whoa, 5,900 CHF = nealry $5,500 USD right ?????????????? :)

Yes, exactly! A whola lotta money! The culprits are the oil cartels ... But seen this fact it's a good price!

Yes, exactly! A whola lotta money! The culprits are the oil cartels ... But seen this fact it's a good price!

No it's not, you're getting ripped big time..

I move full Containers from Europe to BKK for a fraction of that price..

Have you booked & paid yet ??

Excuse mmy ignorance, you say one Room yeah, what sort of m3 are we talking here, do you know ???

What are we talking about being Shipped here too, lots & lots ??

PM me if you want, i now honestly would like to help as i believe you're getting ripped big time & living in Thailand for 6 Years, i hate to see that, no matter where it's being done...