Fabrique - 300 Baht Entry Fee For Foreigners

ProdigalSon

You are wrong on so many points I couldn't even begin to point them out. Nor would it be worth it.

Agreed. He has a dictionary to look up "cloaking", but chooses not to use it to understand the word discriminate.

You're the one who asked what it meant!

Anyway, for all my caucasians who are feeling racially discriminated against, humiliated, and are considering flying home to weep into their mother's bosom...

Wipe those tears away and thank yourself lucky that you're not an hispanic living in Alabama right now.

>>>here<<<

Yet again, utter tripe you talk.

So now it's not discrimination because of what happens to Hispanics in Alabama? I hate to point out the bleading obvious but this is about Thailand. Hispanics in Thailand would be treated the same as they too are farang.

It's still discrimination. Doh.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are wrong on so many points I couldn't even begin to point them out. Nor would it be worth it.

Agreed. He has a dictionary to look up "cloaking", but chooses not to use it to understand the word discriminate.

You're the one who asked what it meant!

Anyway, for all my caucasians who are feeling racially discriminated against, humiliated, and are considering flying home to weep into their mother's bosom...

Wipe those tears away and thank yourself lucky that you're not an hispanic living in Alabama right now.

>>>here<<<

Here I am playing the devil's advocate (please don't get mad at me, keo).

Many Brits (or English) and some Europeans may tell you, instead of "flying home" ,they are "flying away from home" cos their rights are abused and being discriminated in their own countries.:lol:

Anyway, life is short, shouldn't really be bothered by many imperfections in life wherever we may be. Just adapt if you can't change them.

I really don't see the problem. You pay 300 baht...and you get 300 baht credit towards drinks. So unless you're planning on not drinking...which if that's the case just go somewhere else....why is this an issue?

Right, or go with your Thai friends. Do you have any? No charge no problem. Or tell them you will buy a bottle. Keeps out the unwashed backpackers and leering cheap charlies.

And if you roll in a Porche, Ferrari, or Mercedes you can park right in front.

Edited by arunsakda

Yet again, utter tripe you talk.

So now it's not discrimination because of what happens to Hispanics in Alabama? I hate to point out the bleading obvious but this is about Thailand. Hispanics in Thailand would be treated the same as they too are farang.

It's still discrimination. Doh.

ํLet me spell it out for you Wallaby. It seems like you and a few others might need it.

Imagine living in fear of being arrested and detained indefinitely without charge, possibly maltreated. Imagine living in fear of being deported and having your family torn apart, too scared to go to work or send your children to school. This is what I would call racial discrimination worth getting upset about.

A foreigner having to pay 300B to enter a Thai club, and getting that back in drinks credit, is, in my opinion, not.

Many Brits (or English) and some Europeans may tell you, instead of "flying home" ,they are "flying away from home" cos their rights are abused and being discriminated in their own countries.:lol:

Anyway, life is short, shouldn't really be bothered by many imperfections in life wherever we may be. Just adapt if you can't change them.

What is it they say, they who give up their civil rights in turn for protection, end up with neither?

I hear you, but some people just love to moan, and be the "victim"!

Imagine living in fear of being arrested and detained indefinitely without charge, possibly maltreated. Imagine living in fear of being deported and having your family torn apart, too scared to go to work or send your children to school. This is what I would call racial discrimination worth getting upset about.

Illegal immigrants have nothing to do with "racial discrimination" and the law would apply to anyone who is in pretty much any country illegally. no matter what their race, color or creed (except maybe the UK where - from what I have read on Thai Visa - they are welcomed with open arms by the government).

Edited by Ulysses G.

Illegal immigrants have nothing to do with "racial discrimination" and the law would apply to anyone who is in pretty much any country illegally. no matter what their race, color or creed.

Try telling that to the Native Americans or the Aborigines, and see what kind of response you get.

And these laws are unique to Alabama...

"While the judges deliberate, Alabama's uniquely tough new provisions remain in effect. In addition to the police check of "suspicious" people, anyone failing to carry immigration papers is now deemed to be committing a criminal act."

suspicious = not caucasian (whether staying there legally or not) = racial discrimination.

Hopefully the Alabama farms will really feel the force of this, and the farmers will start making some f@cking noise. At least they might be listened to. This has a real whiff of KKK about it. Sad.

Edited by keo

Sorry Keo,

Illegal immigrants are not Native Americans,Aborigines or an indigenous people of the country that they decide to reside in illegally that is why they are illegal immigrants.

The topic is the pricing at Fabriques not the illegal immigrants or the treatment of different countries of indigenous persons.

Personally I have no problem paying the cover charge and getting the drinks but I am totally against 2 tier pricing where you receive nothing but the reward for paying extra because you are not Thai.

Illegal immigrants have nothing to do with "racial discrimination" and the law would apply to anyone who is in pretty much any country illegally. no matter what their race, color or creed.

Try telling that to the Native Americans or the Aborigines, and see what kind of response you get.

And these laws are unique to Alabama...

"While the judges deliberate, Alabama's uniquely tough new provisions remain in effect. In addition to the police check of "suspicious" people, anyone failing to carry immigration papers is now deemed to be committing a criminal act."

suspicious = not caucasian (whether staying there legally or not) = racial discrimination.

Hopefully the Alabama farms will really feel the force of this, and the farmers will start making some f@cking noise. At least they might be listened to. This has a real whiff of KKK about it. Sad.

Sorry Keo,

Illegal immigrants are not Native Americans,Aborigines or an indigenous people of the country that they decide to reside in illegally that is why they are illegal immigrants.

The topic is the pricing at Fabriques not the illegal immigrants or the treatment of different countries of indigenous persons.

As different as you may think they are, there are distinct similarities in the way they are treated by the "white man".

I'd say there is a logical comparison to be drawn between the two topics, i.e. racial discrimination.

Sorry Keo,

As different as you may think they are, there are distinct similarities in the way they are treated by the "white man".

I'd say there is a logical comparison to be drawn between the two topics, i.e. racial discrimination.

Then you would be wrong. I guess you subscribe to the theory that because it is discrimination to the white man then it doesn't really count.

Any discrimination on race is racial discrimination.

Your reference to aborigines is, to put it politely, uneducated claptrap.

With your way of thinking it would seem that it is only discrimination if an Hispanic or African American (or any other peoples) went to Fabrique and they were charged 300 baht to get in, but white men were free?

All this because some tight b'stards won't pay 300thb to get into a club in which they get 300 thb back in vouchers off drinks (SO ITS FREE TO GET IN). The people that are moaning about it are probably the ones that go in clubs and buy a bottle of water all night which Thai's never do, which is the main reason that clubs like this charge the 300 thb. Unbelievable !!!!

All this because some tight b'stards won't pay 300thb to get into a club in which they get 300 thb back in vouchers off drinks (SO ITS FREE TO GET IN). The people that are moaning about it are probably the ones that go in clubs and buy a bottle of water all night which Thai's never do, which is the main reason that clubs like this charge the 300 thb. Unbelievable !!!!

Agree it's pretty much a non event. But I must say I have never paid to get into a club/bar since I was about 19. I just refuse to pay 'cover charge' for the privilege of going into a club to buy overpriced drinks. I just don't see the sense in it. I'm much more happy to just sit in an local bar and do some people watching and relax.

Agree it's pretty much a non event. But I must say I have never paid to get into a club/bar since I was about 19. I just refuse to pay 'cover charge' for the privilege of going into a club to buy overpriced drinks. I just don't see the sense in it. I'm much more happy to just sit in an local bar and do some people watching and relax.

In the UK you pay to get in Nightclubs and don't get any drinks vouchers, you just pay for the entrance. I really can't see the problem in a club doing this to pay for staff, electric and other running costs etc, after all its a business. Here at least you get the money back in the form of vouchers against drinks. Yes it may only be the Farang that are made to pay this but they have probably had that many occasions when a group of farang come in and just buy 1 drink between the group and sit there all night, where as like I say most groups of Thai's buy a bottle of whiskey etc and mixers all night. Big difference.

I've yet to see anyone complaining about the cover charge itself. The only complaints have been about the fact

that the cover charge is only applied to a certain race/group of people. Some have even explicitly spelled

out that they would not mind the cover charge as long as it was not based on race, but you still did not get it?

Do you get it now?

I've yet to see anyone complaining about the cover charge itself. The only complaints have been about the fact

that the cover charge is only applied to a certain race/group of people. Some have even explicitly spelled

out that they would not mind the cover charge as long as it was not based on race, but you still did not get it?

Do you get it now?

Oh I get it now thanks to your unbelievably clear explanation. :jerk:

Edited by thaimiller

In the UK you pay to get in Nightclubs and don't get any drinks vouchers, you just pay for the entrance. I really can't see the problem in a club doing this to pay for staff, electric and other running costs etc, after all its a business. Here at least you get the money back in the form of vouchers against drinks. Yes it may only be the Farang that are made to pay this but they have probably had that many occasions when a group of farang come in and just buy 1 drink between the group and sit there all night, where as like I say most groups of Thai's buy a bottle of whiskey etc and mixers all night. Big difference.

I just don't go into bars/clubs that charge an entrance fee. I could understand if there was a special band playing, or something like that, and you paid an entrance fee to see them. But otherwise, if it is just a bar with a bit of music then I just wouldn't pay to go. The payment of staff, electrick, running costs etc are all part of running any bar business, one shouldn't be charged a fee just so you actually get someone to poor your drinks.

Not a problem for me though, there are many many bars that are free to go into and are quite happy to have my hard earned (and not so hard earned). :D

I just don't go into bars/clubs that charge an entrance fee. I could understand if there was a special band playing, or something like that, and you paid an entrance fee to see them. But otherwise, if it is just a bar with a bit of music then I just wouldn't pay to go. The payment of staff, electrick, running costs etc are all part of running any bar business, one shouldn't be charged a fee just so you actually get someone to poor your drinks.

Not a problem for me though, there are many many bars that are free to go into and are quite happy to have my hard earned (and not so hard earned). :D

Completely agree as I mainly go into bars rather than clubs, but when I do go clubbing I don't mind paying a fee to get in. If im planning on going to a nightclub I expect it to be a 3000-5000thb night including entrance fee and drinks etc, if im just staying in bars then it might be a 2000-3000thb night. I cant understand how 300thb would put people off going into a place they want to go, even if its just the white man that gets charged, if I was with a group of Thai friends I wouldn't walk away due to this fee especially as I get drinks vouchers back. But thats just me and many people on here will think Im wrong.

As Ansel pointed out, this thread has quickly become a muddle ! The 2-tiered pricing thing has been done to death on TV, so I'll just say I'm pretty much kii niyaow and my money priorities lie elsewhere. So I vote with my feet. I just don't go. To each their own.

And luckily I'm feeling fairly old these days - don't really care to be out, be seen, or go into some noisy club. Just a content, boring curmudgeon.

So where is this Fabrique place, and what is the compelling reason to get in, ProdigalSon?

If a bar/disco/etc. has a discriminatory policy or don't like farang, I have no problem going up the street to the hundreds of other places in this fair city that welcome me.

Personally I have never encountered this treatment here.

It's in the President Hotel, just off the north-east corner of the moat. Reason to get in? It's probably the best after-hours club in CM. Unfortunately there aren't hundreds of other places you can go to at about 2am if you want to carry on partying.

So what about the guests of the hotel do they have to pay also and are they also refused entry.

So what about the guests of the hotel do they have to pay also and are they also refused entry.

Could be. Listen, it's real simple:

The management and the young Thais who patronize the place very likely want to party without foreigners bothering them. It ain't a place for foreigners to cruise for chicks or for tourists to come in and gawk.

Can't that be their right?

Incidentally, the President Hotel has quite a storied history. Actually had a CIA operation running out of it at one time, and was among the few hotels used by the US consulate due to its proximity -- the nearby Las Vegas was started to cater to US military and other types.

As you have no doubt noticed, the glory days of the President and Las Vegas are long past.

Edited by chaoyang