Dentists in bangkok

foolwholaughsatdeath

???

11 Dental Clinic

155/6-7 Sukhumvit Soi 11/1

Tel. 02-255-2279,

02-651-2087

Lady dentists, all speak English, very gentle.

Promjai Dental Clinic

18/2-3 Sukhumvit 39,

Bann, Suanpetch, Wattana

02-261-6220/-31

laser teeth whitening

I hope this helps, I have used them in the past, great work.

Bud

A few years ago when I arrived in Bangkok, I had a bad molar infection and I went to the first small clinic I found.... I already had a root canal on that tooth but the young lady dentist suggested it was better to remove it...

Are sure?.....

Well, OK..... (later, I realized that she was mainly working with the poor)  

Impossible to extract it with her regular "pliers", so she started to break it apart by twisting it with a tool... Well... actually this attractive young lady tried many scary tools! She was certainly thinking: "I didn't know that farangs had some F#$%^ big teeth like buffalos". The whole butchery took one hour; my jaw was really sore during the torture. As she was twisting her screwdriver - or whatever it was - and pushing on my lower jaw with her whole body, I was really scared it would slip and pierce my cheek or my throat...

One hundred twenty Baht...

Hey, that was a good price! I have nothing to complain about...

Later, I found another lady dentist at Central General Hospital in Laksi and I want her to take care of me until my last tooth. She does fillings, root canals, crowns... Frankly, Dr. Thantip is the best dentist I've had in my life and her injections do not hurt.

And for gum surgery: Another lady, Dr. Niwatwan.

Both speak very good English. Tel: 02 552 8777

Hospitals: Some good doctors and some frankly incompetent! I thought I had a prostate problem... ouch... a few visits to a hospital and I was 17,000 Baht lighter... I asked for a second opinion at that same Central General Hospital in Laksi; another finger and 800 Baht later, my problem was finally solved!

A few bad experiences, but I do think there are many good doctors and caring nurses in Thailand.

Hi ,

The best place in Bangkok for most Medical/Dental work on Sukhumvit is Bumrungrad Hospital , it is also one of the most expensive !

My suggestion based upon a great deal of success is the Bangkok Nursing Home "BNH" !

Some of the Doctors & Dentists are or have been trained in UK or Australia !

Good Value !

:o

the dental hospital (that is the name...Dental Hospital or Baan Faan..."dental house" in thai) on suk soi 49 i have used them for alot of work...cleanings, fillings, and extractions.  everything worked out fine and prices are cheap by western standards.  the techniques and procedures seem gentle enough.  it is a rather large facility so if you just walk-in, they can always see you...but you may get different dentists unless you make an appointment.  see lots of other farangs and wealthier thais there too so i guess the work is very good (i try to limit my interactions with dentists so my survey data pool is intentionally limited  :o  )  it is located down soi 49 just past villa market on the opposite side of the street.

If you are a regular attender at your dentist for check ups etc.

and you know about flossing,brushing etc.and do not have any pain then any "western" style dental practice should be ok for a check up,clean, and a simple filling or two.

If you don't speak Thai then try and find a dentist that speaks good English and can explain any diagnosis and treatment (and pricing) options. good communications is often the key to good patient/dentist trust and a "succesful dental experience"

If you think you might need more complicated treatment (root canal,crown and bridge,implants,accurate diagnosis of gums that bleed too easily,extractions of broken down teeth,or you are having any pain or sensitivity), then you might be better served and feel more comfortable at one of the hospitals.

I can certainly recommend the dental hospital on Sukhumvit 49, they treat lots of expats and visitors and the equipment and materials used are of a high quality.

They were thorough in their check up,and professional in their treatments and they didnt overdiagnose or overtreat and you need have no worries about instrument sterilisation procedures.

There is also a clinic on suk.55 (called asavanti ? i think) that I have heard is good,but I have no personal experience of it.

Good luck.