American, Thai Couple Nabbed For Drugs

george

American, Thai couple nabbed for drugs

BANGKOK: -- Police yesterday arrested an American man and a Thai woman for alleged drug-trafficking. They confiscated narcotic substances and Bt1 million in cash.

The suspects, Greg S Warner, alias Andrew Donald, 52, and Anusara Ronpimai, 24, were found with 340 grams of cocaine, 61 grams of marijuana, 163 grams of hashish, 160 grams of marijuana tablets, a pistol and 241 bullets, two scales of the kind used to weigh narcotics, 8,000 capsules of an unidentified drug, Bt1 million in cash and seven passports.

Acting on a search warrant, police raided a house in Soi Phra Tamnak 6 in Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district and found the duo taking drugs along with two foreign friends.

Warner/Donald was charged with possession of narcotic substances category 1 and 5 and illegal entry into Thailand.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-07-12

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gadz Zeus, when they went down, they went down in a fireball. Sure they didn't have some shrunken heads, pirated Jane Fonda videos, and a psychedelic toad on them also?

And 7 passports? If having multiple passports is a crime, then Thaksin could be the poster boy for that.

BANGKOK: -- Police yesterday arrested an American man and a Thai woman for alleged drug-trafficking. They confiscated narcotic substances and Bt1 million in cash.....

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-07-12

Pattaya Daily News reported he is a Canadian national and no mention of any alias name. His age is also shown as 34 in that "paper"..

Gadz Zeus, when they went down, they went down in a fireball. Sure they didn't have some shrunken heads, pirated Jane Fonda videos, and a psychedelic toad on them also?

And 7 passports? If having multiple passports is a crime, then Thaksin could be the poster boy for that.

Very funny: Quentin Tarantino could be inspired for a new movie.... :)

sometimes reality is more weird than the fiction!

Could this be a setup by Police to defraud more foreigners I ask?

Can we trust Thai Police?

That's the problem.

The ones enforcing laws are untrustworthy. I don't believe a word they say.

I thought that also. Allegedly caught with such an array of illegal substances and also a weapon & ammo.

Could be one or more of the busted group have a VIP enemy.

Obviously there is much more to this story. Be interesting to know who the informant was and how that person is connected to the case. There is so much we will never know that if revealed could fill a book.

When I saw the headline I knew the "setup" crowd was just a few posts away. Keep in mind that drug trafficking is a business with thousands of players and tons of drugs right here in Thailand and especially in Bangkok. The police actually do have real cases and a real informant network and at some point someone is going to be arrested and jailed. Because it's a foreigner we give it a bit more scrutiny.

Scrutiny in this case will be tons of speculation and conspiracy theory than dies a natural death in a few days. The suspects in this case are SCREWED. The amounts of drugs seized and the passports and cash (soon to disappear by the way) will make it very difficult to avoid life in prison somewhere. IMHO the girl will rollover on her foreign friend and get a bit less time. Life will go on with just another drug trafficker off the streets.

Remember: If you are in the business and think you are being targeted, you are. There is no honor among the traffickers, just business. There are a dozen reasons for the person who sold the drugs to the suspects to turn them in. The number one reason is the informant wants to avoid the death penalty or life in prison so he gives up who he can for better treatment by the system. The number two reason is money, obviously.

I guess what I'm saying is that with the millions of drug users here and around the world and being near the center of international drug trade in this hemisphere it is not too far fetched for a few of these people to get caught once in a while. Big risks equate to big returns sometimes. Not so much this time.

If he is Canadian and not American , then he will be deported back to Canada to serve his sentance in a nice cell with TV , fridge etc .

Are there any Canadians in Jails here , I think Not.

If he is American he can kiss his McDonalds arse goodbye .

From what i understand, Canadians will have to serve the first 8 years of their sentence in Thailand before getting sent home. There are 5 serving time here now.

If he is Canadian and not American , then he will be deported back to Canada to serve his sentance in a nice cell with TV , fridge etc .

I trust there are Canadians doing their time in Thai prisons. Yes with good luck he will be deported back to Canada, after serving time in a Thai prison (usually 6-8 years)

if not sentenced to death!

I trust there are Canadians doing their time in Thai prisons. Yes with good luck he will be deported back to Canada, after serving time in a Thai prison (usually 6-8 years)

if not sentenced to death!

Canadian or American? I guess you mean North ans not south America? Anyway, I don't think he is a Canadian, this since they are more honest than (north) Americans.

Saturday 11th July 2009

Suspected Canadian Drug Dealer arrested in South Pattaya.

Early on Saturday Morning, Police Lieutenant Colonel Chayagrit from the Chonburi Provincial Special Investigations Unit conducted a raid on a house located in Soi 6 off the Pratamnuk Road in South Pattaya on the strength of a search warrant 431/2552 issued by the Pattaya Provincial Court. Following intelligence received and close monitoring of the address by undercover Police, the owner of the house and his girlfriend were thought to be running a drug supply operation from the property. Police arrived and detained Mr. Andrew Donald Barber aged 33, a Canadian National along with Khun Anusara aged 24. A search of the house uncovered 4 packets of Cocaine totaling 340g in weight, 78g of dried Marijuana, 136g of Hashish, 60g of Marijuana Seeds, 10 Yabba Tablets, a hand gun with a selection of 245 bullets, 2 weighing scales, 8000 empty drug capsules, 5 passports, 3 bank books and a work permit. Also 1 Million Baht in cash was presented at the press conference held at Pattaya Police Station. This money had allegedly been presented to Police at the house by Mr. Barber who had attempted to clear the case. 10 Million Baht’s worth of assets believed to have been purchased as a result of money gained through their illegal drug supply operation were also seized, including a house and car. The two suspects had been operating for around 3 years according to Police and would supply drugs to tourists. They will now be held on remand pending a court appearance on Monday where they will answer charges of class 1 and class 5 drug dealing offences along with attempting to bribe a Royal Thai Police Officer.

BANGKOK: -- Police yesterday arrested an American man and a Thai woman for alleged drug-trafficking. They confiscated narcotic substances and Bt1 million in cash.

The suspects, Greg S Warner, alias Andrew Donald, 52, and Anusara Ronpimai, 24, were found with 340 grams of cocaine, 61 grams of marijuana, 163 grams of hashish, 160 grams of marijuana tablets, a pistol and 241 bullets, two scales of the kind used to weigh narcotics, 8,000 capsules of an unidentified drug, Bt1 million in cash and seven passports.

Acting on a search warrant, police raided a house in Soi Phra Tamnak 6 in Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district and found the duo taking drugs along with two foreign friends.

Warner/Donald was charged with possession of narcotic substances category 1 and 5 and illegal entry into Thailand.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-07-12

mmmm yummy marijuhana tablets :) .....

Empty capsules with a undentified drug :D ....

Edited by luvU2much500THB

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-07-12

:)Okay. The American is Canadian and the Mary Jane tablets? Empty capsules with what? Isn't empty really emtpy like the container in Satthahip? Anyways, it doesn't really matter, welcome to Bangkok Hilton. He might find some Canadians there. So much coke is a lot of cash, without judging him. Why would you do that in Thailand? To die in a cell, or through an injection? One thing that is really pissing me off is that we all are foreigners in this country and a lot of more people might think we're all doing some dirty shit to get around. If that's really true.....go to hel_l, you're helping to give us a bad name. No pardon please.

post-39518-1247482682_thumb.jpg

Saturday 11th July 2009

Early on Saturday Morning, Police Lieutenant Colonel Chayagrit from the Chonburi Provincial Special Investigations Unit conducted a raid on a house located in Soi 6 off the Pratamnuk Road in South Pattaya on the strength of a search warrant 431/2552 issued by the Pattaya Provincial Court. Following intelligence received and close monitoring of the address by undercover Police, the owner of the house and his girlfriend were thought to be running a drug supply operation from the property. Police arrived and detained Mr. Andrew Donald Barber aged 33, a Canadian National along with Khun Anusara aged 24. A search of the house uncovered 4 packets of Cocaine totaling 340g in weight, 78g of dried Marijuana, 136g of Hashish, 60g of Marijuana Seeds, 10 Yabba Tablets, a hand gun with a selection of 245 bullets, 2 weighing scales, 8000 empty drug capsules, 5 passports, 3 bank books and a work permit. Also 1 Million Baht in cash was presented at the press conference held at Pattaya Police Station. This money had allegedly been presented to Police at the house by Mr. Barber who had attempted to clear the case. 10 Million Baht's worth of assets believed to have been purchased as a result of money gained through their illegal drug supply operation were also seized, including a house and car. The two suspects had been operating for around 3 years according to Police and would supply drugs to tourists. They will now be held on remand pending a court appearance on Monday where they will answer charges of class 1 and class 5 drug dealing offences along with attempting to bribe a Royal Thai Police Officer.

Let me guess......the labor dep. issued the work permit to sell...aeehhh...drugs?

post-39518-1247482905_thumb.jpg

Saturday 11th July 2009

Early on Saturday Morning, Police Lieutenant Colonel Chayagrit from the Chonburi Provincial Special Investigations Unit conducted a raid on a house located in Soi 6 off the Pratamnuk Road in South Pattaya on the strength of a search warrant 431/2552 issued by the Pattaya Provincial Court. Following intelligence received and close monitoring of the address by undercover Police, the owner of the house and his girlfriend were thought to be running a drug supply operation from the property. Police arrived and detained Mr. Andrew Donald Barber aged 33, a Canadian National along with Khun Anusara aged 24. A search of the house uncovered 4 packets of Cocaine totaling 340g in weight, 78g of dried Marijuana, 136g of Hashish, 60g of Marijuana Seeds, 10 Yabba Tablets, a hand gun with a selection of 245 bullets, 2 weighing scales, 8000 empty drug capsules, 5 passports, 3 bank books and a work permit. Also 1 Million Baht in cash was presented at the press conference held at Pattaya Police Station. This money had allegedly been presented to Police at the house by Mr. Barber who had attempted to clear the case. 10 Million Baht's worth of assets believed to have been purchased as a result of money gained through their illegal drug supply operation were also seized, including a house and car. The two suspects had been operating for around 3 years according to Police and would supply drugs to tourists. They will now be held on remand pending a court appearance on Monday where they will answer charges of class 1 and class 5 drug dealing offences along with attempting to bribe a Royal Thai Police Officer.

I guess the seeds were for birds.......free birds.........Lynard Skynard.

post-39518-1247483518_thumb.jpg

....along with attempting to bribe a Royal Thai Police Officer.

There's a law against that!?!?! <deleted>?

And I like how at first it's assumed he's American. Don't let our previous administration fool you, were not all criminals!

Edited by Scubabuddha

I sat down to eat food at a restaurant, and read the Sunday newspaper. Then my jaw drops and food falls out of my mouth. I have known Greg S. Warner for years. In fact, I even saw him recently. Just talked on the phone the other day.

There are some weird things in this article. First off, Andrew isn't Greg's alias. I know that guy too. Canadian. Seems to be rich as hel_l. Seems to own a lot of shit. About 5 Harley Davidsons and a new truck parked in his driveway (quite a nice driveway I might add, with quite a nice house attached), apartment complexes, etc. Always wondered where the guy got his money - he told me he had a lot of business "outside of Thailand." I suppose I know where he gets his money now, or at least some of it.

I wonder how they mixed up Greg and this guy Andrew's identity? What I'm wondering is if Greg was there partying in the guy's house or something when the raid went down, and got swept up and mixed up in the whole thing? Then the cops mixed up their names when they talked to the newspaper? Sounds very sloppy. The other article doesn't even mention Greg's name, just Andrew's, but Greg's phone is turned off (and it is never turned off) so I know the cops have him too. What's going on?

Does anyone know the procedure or protocol for me to find out more about this? How does one find out if his buddy is in jail? How does one go about contacting someone in jail? Etc?

Any advice?

Thanks.

Edited by sbaker8688

Okay, just made some phone calls to some people who know all the parties involved, and who were there when the excrement hit the fan.

First off, go here and watch the video:

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000009718

That dude is Andrew, the Canadian. I've only ever seen him wear that shit - never a different shirt. Met him many times.

It was like I suspected - Greg's name and identity (the American) was mixed up in all this by the cops. Greg is still in trouble and under arrest, but not because of the drugs. Because he has passport issues. He is apparently in jail, awaiting deportation. I knew he had passport issues last year, but he was trying to get it all straightened out, to the best of my knowledge. Apparently, he didn't.

There is either a lot of sloppy reporting done in Thailand, or sloppy police work, or both.