Sick Cat

Sheryl

SOS! My beloved cat is sick, and local vet (Prachinburi) only made matters worse. Can anyone give a firsthand recommendation for an animal hospital with English speaking vets, northern outskirts of Bangkok preferred but Bangkok, Chonburi also OK (I have to come in from Prachinburi)

She is howling in aparent pain and abdomen looks distended. Has lost weight in recent weeks. Might be megacolon or who knows what else.....

appreciate help, love my cat!

not a cat person but have u considered impacted hairballs??? a common problem

sorry other than that , no ideas..... ultra sound and blood work should be done..., check temp., faoces, urine (does or doesnt do it, colour etc) , teeth/gums, etc... and og to the vet internet places i recommended with thai boxer's sick dog thread.... they can help u help the vet.... good luck

There's an animal hospital on Ramkamhaeng road. Did a good job operating on our retriever when she swallowed a stone that was too big for her to pass out the other end...

It's on the north side of the road, between Bangkapi and the outer ring road, and is next to a supermarket. (Big enough to have a few rows of car parking - but we're not talking a Tesco or Carrefour).

I did talk to someone there who spoke English one time, but I think it's pot luck as to whether you'll get an English speaker or not...

There's an animal hospital on Ramkamhaeng road. Did a good job operating on our retriever when she swallowed a stone that was too big for her to pass out the other end...

It's on the north side of the road, between Bangkapi and the outer ring road, and is next to a supermarket. (Big enough to have a few rows of car parking - but we're not talking a Tesco or Carrefour).

I did talk to someone there who spoke English one time, but I think it's pot luck as to whether you'll get an English speaker or not...

Not sure whether this is the same one but an animal hospital I have used with success on Ramkhamhaeng Road is about 300 yards after Tops supermarket -but on other side of road- with huge billboard with picture of a cat and dog.Phone number is 02 7280188.Pretty much 100% Thai speaking I'm afraid.

Suwannachad vet is the Kings vet. We also have to cats and only trust this place. They speak perfect English and are trained to deal with Western concerns. wish i could tell you the exact location but the wife is not home yet. Pm me if you would like me to ask her for the details on it for you. Keep a close eye on your cats as there are alot of ticks lately in BKK. More than i have seen before in our 4 some odd years being here off and on. Best of luck and hope all goes well for your cat.

cant find the exact addy but here is the phone number

02-729-5706

if you get the front office that by chance is new then just ask for the vet and they like i said can speak very good English. At least when we go they can lol.

They have 4 vets that are used by the King kimself and they have 25 others that are new from school being trained under the Kings vet.

They are not expensive as you might think. Wife says something about King's project what ever that is.

SOS! My beloved cat is sick, and local vet (Prachinburi) only made matters worse. Can anyone give a firsthand recommendation for an animal hospital with English speaking vets, northern outskirts of Bangkok preferred but Bangkok, Chonburi also OK (I have to come in from Prachinburi)

She is howling in aparent pain and abdomen looks distended. Has lost weight in recent weeks. Might be megacolon or who knows what else.....

appreciate help, love my cat!

Sheryl, sorry to hear about your cat. Completely understand what u are going through.

If you don't mind venturing to Pattaya, I can recommend a very good vet to you.

Check ur PM for info.

Thanks everyone for all the help and advice. I took her to the place on Ramkhamhaeng -- it is under Royal Patronage, reasonably priced and the staff seem competent and caring. Reasonably priced, too. Afrter a thorough exam and abdominal films, iurns out it's just bad constipation, much to my relief.

For anyone else who wants to go there, it is on the north side of Ramkhamhaeng between Bangkapi and Outer Ring Road, inside a sort of shopping complex with a big sign saying " Golden Place". Walk-ins are fine and they're open till 8:30 PM.

Thanks everyone for all the help and advice. I took her to the place on Ramkhamhaeng -- it is under Royal Patronage, reasonably priced and the staff seem competent and caring. Reasonably priced, too. Afrter a thorough exam and abdominal films, iurns out it's just bad constipation, much to my relief.

For anyone else who wants to go there, it is on the north side of Ramkhamhaeng between Bangkapi and Outer Ring Road, inside a sort of shopping complex with a big sign saying " Golden Place". Walk-ins are fine and they're open till 8:30 PM.

Good to hear that your cat is feeling better! Another happy ending! :o