Favourite After-hours Places In Cm

ProdigalSon

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fresh ones from the mountain more like. Burma, Lao, China.. you name it. The up-side is that it doesn't matter that much anymore if you speak Thai. If you do, chances are your Thai is better than theirs. :)

Yeah, but you need to know the 'game' or else the kid selling dried squid will try to a pencil in your neck

Thought that was the vocational colleges more like? Or Phayap perhaps, they're all ******, or so I've heard. :D

actually Toyota's work at those places.....

Fresh ones from the mountain more like. Burma, Lao, China.. you name it. The up-side is that it doesn't matter that much anymore if you speak Thai. If you do, chances are your Thai is better than theirs. :)

Yeah, but you need to know the 'game' or else the kid selling dried squid will try to a pencil in your neck

What's that supposed to mean???

The problem is that you want to keep it free from expats other than yourself.

Why is this a problem? It's human nature to want to keep Utopia to yourself once you've found it (take the storyline from "the Beach" as an example).

If all you wish to do is garner information without sharing, why go to the trouble of posting? The only logical explanation is so that the rest of us who enjoy sharing would understand that there are those, such as yourself, who are selfish. But why brag about it? Certainly there are more positive ways to gain notoriety.

What's the name of that club that used to be where Simon Chiang Mai was located? It seemed friendly enough, if a little dark and loud.

Its called "Differ", haven't been for a while but AFAIK its still there, and open til 6

Another one in the same area is Zanta (Iyara Hotel) on Chottana opposite Radjapat also open til early morning and packed with students. Used to be good in its former life as Rodeo.

See, Femi fan I'm not selfish after all, I can tell you all the best places :D And don't worry, you won't see me there........ :)

What's that supposed to mean???

it probably means that seed that was eaten by a bird and shat out in a different place of the forest, who drive a hard bargain to get 100 baht discount off their loi kroh BJ wouldn't last 5 minutes in the flower patch. nam jai or the (super)highway na...

Edited by Shah Jahan

What's the name of that club that used to be where Simon Chiang Mai was located? It seemed friendly enough, if a little dark and loud.

Its called "Differ", haven't been for a while but AFAIK its still there, and open til 6

Another one in the same area is Zanta (Iyara Hotel) on Chottana opposite Radjapat also open til early morning and packed with students. Used to be good in its former life as Rodeo.

See, Femi fan I'm not selfish after all, I can tell you all the best places :D And don't worry, you won't see me there........ :)

It was you who said it mate! I just concurred based on what you said in your post. But i do note you're telling us places you no longer go to...

This is not the first time this has happened and I've resorted before to telling the whining foreigner that I'll pay for everything just so he'll shut up asking what the price of everything is and whether the bill will be accurate and what did the waitress just say and what is the waitress doing and where did she go and ruining everyone else's night.

Just stop taking scottish people out and about. That oughta do it...

I go to Zanta and Differ so just as a warning for others so they're not disappointed, they're very Thai with no English speaking staff and they don't sell beer and whisky by the glass is about half the price of the bottle as they're completely set up for groups to buy a bottle and mixers.

While the trend is becoming that the Thai ladies want to lead the fast paced western lifestyle where everyone is a movie star there are still a lot of the more intelligent ladies that appreciate the mature man. Anyone who thinks different does not see what goes on around them. It is easy to look back at our crazy days and see why the kids today are trying to catch up to us. We set the standard then and we are living the standard now.

I can not even believe that older foreigners are not welcome in any establishment. I can believe that younger, cheap foreigners are the cause for many of the foreigner cover charges. They are the reason for the up front fees charged at many of the finer establishments and they are the reasons that foreigners are not welcome at places like Mandalay and why Spicy has become such a dump.

That being said, there is a place for some of the younger foreigners to learn from the likes of many on this forum.

My advice, usually ignored, pay your cover charges, your tabs, your service fees and never, ever make us look bad.

Unfortunately, I've discovered that most foreigners don't like Thai places if they can't speak Thai. They get very paranoid and seem to be convinced at every moment that they're about to be ripped off.

Kinda the point I was making earlier, you ain't going to fit in most late night Thai only places if you go with a "Loi Kroh" mindset. You have to understand the environment and behave accordingly, some posters here get that, some obviously don't. Part of this thread has got turned into an ageist thing, whilst it was fun banter, age is not really the issue :) , its how you behave and whether you treat people with respect that matters.

I go to Zanta and Differ so just as a warning for others so they're not disappointed, they're very Thai with no English speaking staff and they don't sell beer and whisky by the glass is about half the price of the bottle as they're completely set up for groups to buy a bottle and mixers.

What's the current closing time at these two places? Still 6.00 a.m.? Last Saturday Zanta still had a million motosai outside at 3.00 a.m.

Certainly there are more positive ways to gain notoriety.

:)

I guess you don't know me? :D

Shy I ain't, if you wanna go on a late night tour of CM's off limits Gay venues, you can always PM me and I'll happily take you around :D ! Hope you don't get offended easily and be sure to have a nice wadge of pan Bahts in your wallet. :D

While the trend is becoming that the Thai ladies want to lead the fast paced western lifestyle where everyone is a movie star there are still a lot of the more intelligent ladies that appreciate the mature man. Anyone who thinks different does not see what goes on around them. It is easy to look back at our crazy days and see why the kids today are trying to catch up to us. We set the standard then and we are living the standard now.

I can not even believe that older foreigners are not welcome in any establishment. I can believe that younger, cheap foreigners are the cause for many of the foreigner cover charges. They are the reason for the up front fees charged at many of the finer establishments and they are the reasons that foreigners are not welcome at places like Mandalay and why Spicy has become such a dump.

That being said, there is a place for some of the younger foreigners to learn from the likes of many on this forum.

My advice, usually ignored, pay your cover charges, your tabs, your service fees and never, ever make us look bad.

When was it not a dump?

I agree with you completely except for the last few words - The young ones never "make us look bad." They only make themselves look badly, thereby pushing the younger, brighter women in our direction as a welcome relief.

For anyone who may be considering to post any of the lesser known places (the sort you were introduced to by your thai friends and would not have found otherwise), I beg you please to not post them on this forum as I do not want to be surrounded by sleazy old gits trying to cop off with students half their age when I go out this weekend.

Most of the member clubs I frequent after hours wouldn't let a prick with an attitiude like your's in anyway. 'Nuf said :)

you think it's unreasonable to want to keep a few places free from farang ex-pats and authentically thai? i don't.

So YOU are 'authentically Thai'? or just a 'superior Farang who pretends to be authentically Thai'? you like 'free from farang ex-pats'? so why do you go there? your farang right? - sounds pretty hypocritical to me!

For anyone who may be considering to post any of the lesser known places (the sort you were introduced to by your thai friends and would not have found otherwise), I beg you please to not post them on this forum as I do not want to be surrounded by sleazy old gits trying to cop off with students half their age when I go out this weekend.

Most of the member clubs I frequent after hours wouldn't let a prick with an attitiude like your's in anyway. 'Nuf said :)

you think it's unreasonable to want to keep a few places free from farang ex-pats and authentically thai? i don't.

So YOU are 'authentically Thai'? or just a 'superior Farang who pretends to be authentically Thai'? you like 'free from farang ex-pats'? so why do you go there? your farang right? - sounds pretty hypocritical to me!

i don't pretend to be anything. but the point being discussed was that it's nice to have some places which remain free of desperate old farangs leching over young thai university girls who have no interest in them or their wallets.

Sorry to have to be the one to spoil your perceptions, Stevie, but all young Thai university girls prefer older mature foreigners to younger, cheaper, desperate for true love foreigners. As you grow older you will realize this so don't despair and don't take this as a personal attack.

Again, I have to point out that the cover charges and no foreigner's policies are not directed at older mature men and in no way are older foreigners desperate and leching. Terms like wise, secure and worldly would be better used to describe them. Traits that young and pretty Thai women find endearing and attractive. Money helps but it is a true sense of respect that brings them around.

Sorry to have to be the one to spoil your perceptions, Stevie, but all young Thai university girls prefer older mature foreigners to younger, cheaper, desperate for true love foreigners. As you grow older you will realize this so don't despair and don't take this as a personal attack.

Again, I have to point out that the cover charges and no foreigner's policies are not directed at older mature men and in no way are older foreigners desperate and leching. Terms like wise, secure and worldly would be better used to describe them. Traits that young and pretty Thai women find endearing and attractive. Money helps but it is a true sense of respect that brings them around.

Before I expose this as complete BS, could you state what age you consider to be 'mature' getgoin?

Plus, what alternative do young Thai women have? Young butterfly boys out to use and discard as many young Thai women as they can during their 2 - 3 weeks here in the LOS? The young guys make it easier for us older ones. It doesn't take money but merely what the young boys are lacking - maturity and kindness.

Plus, what alternative do young Thai women have? Young butterfly boys out to use and discard as many young Thai women as they can during their 2 - 3 weeks here in the LOS? The young guys make it easier for us older ones. It doesn't take money but merely what the young boys are lacking - maturity and kindness.

I hope you older guys are succesful with your maturity and kindness towards Thai women. Leaves more "young Butterfly boys" for me :):D:D

I hope you older guys are succesful with your maturity and kindness towards Thai women. Leaves more "young Butterfly boys" for me :):D:D

Go for it. One who is interested in experiencing "more" young boys is not one that would probably be of interest to an older man.

So now this turns into the young guys versus the Old guys bash. :):D:D

There IS no one size fits all. Everyone has different tastes when it comes to physical attraction. Yes, of course young women are more physically attracted to younger men. The same goes for men (young or old) being more attracted to younger women. The same is true for gays. However, once people begin to mix and socialize a lot of the old standards start to disappear. If a person is interesting and charming then looks and age don't matter as much. Women usually find self assured men more attractive than insecure men... even if the guy is young and handsome. Money is a secondary issue but certainly an important one. Older men usually have more disposable cash than younger men and women know it.

Although I've been to Spicey many times, I can never stay very long before I get bored. Maybe I'm just too old for that smelly, crowded scene. I've been taken by a few Thai ladies to other after-hours venues but I frankly can't recall the names of the places. I always enjoyed myself, but only because the woman I was with was enjoying herself. I enjoy dancing and that makes a difference, but the music played in some joints is rather boring and mostly too loud.

Before I expose this as complete BS, could you state what age you consider to be 'mature' getgoin?

Regardless if you intend to expose something, the truth is the truth. Maturity is relative. Obviously since you are offended that Thai university girls prefer mature men you may have not reached that plateau.

And we are having stimulating discourse, no bashing intended.

Edited by getgoin

StevieH I got your point but it wasn't very valid - you want an 'authentic Thai' place with 'no farangs' yet you (a farang) go there? a bit of a contradiction?

Another point - many (most) young Thai girls prefer an older, wiser and more experienced guy rather than a Young Boom Boom Merchant who knows little and can offer less... this is undeniably the case

i don't pretend to be anything. but the point being discussed was that it's nice to have some places which remain free of desperate old farangs leching over young thai university girls who have no interest in them or their wallets.

"desperate", "old", "leching"?? Is that what they are, or just your cynical mean-minded perception of them? I have so often heard about the old farang men who chase young thai girls. Bloody good luck to any of them if they do and succeed. Well done for remembering to live life instead of letting it just ebb away. Well done for spending money on them rather on the so many other boring ways so many people spend money.

Tell me, how do you decide if a farang man is:

desperate

old

leching?

And there's bloody loads of places all over thailand, and particularly in chiang mai where a farang can go that is mainly frequented by thais. Just step out of any tourist area you may come across. As for keeping them free of all these distasteful people who come along to ruin your nighttime experience, well mate, it's never gonna change unless you open up a disco on the top of a secluded mountain.

Now then, what about all those older thai men who have their young mia nois, are they desperate? Do they splash the cash or not? Do you have no problem with them?

As for keeping them free of all these distasteful people who come along to ruin your nighttime experience, well mate, it's never gonna change unless you open up a disco on the top of a secluded mountain.

Ermmm, we already have such a place, it's called Mandagay, the 300 Bt door charge does an excellent job of discouraging "distasteful" people :D

Though personally I find the places where they achieve the same effect with a baseball bat are more entertaining :)

If a person is interesting and charming then looks and age don't matter as much. Women usually find self assured men more attractive than insecure men... even if the guy is young and handsome.

One thing that comes to my mind is how many truly "handsome" young farang men get involved in the dating scene in Thailand? Yes, there are the young guys that come here because they can't get a decent girl to date them back home, but I meet very few of them that would be a big deal back home - most are somewhat neurotic and their obsession with being "young" is just a way for them to feel better about themselves without good reason.

In fact, I have met many more handsome, charming guys that are middle-aged, but have a hard time dating young girls at home. Truly handsome young fellows do not have to go half way across the world to get some nooky! :)

If a person is interesting and charming then looks and age don't matter as much. Women usually find self assured men more attractive than insecure men... even if the guy is young and handsome.

One thing that comes to my mind is how many truly "handsome" young farang men get involved in the dating scene in Thailand? Yes, there are the young guys that come here because they can't get a decent girl to date them back home, but I meet very few of them that would be a big deal back home - most are somewhat neurotic and their obsession with being "young" is just a way for them to feel better about themselves without good reason.

In fact, I have met many more handsome, charming guys that are middle-aged, but have a hard time dating young girls at home. Truly handsome young fellows do not have to go half way across the world to get some nooky! :)

According to the Thai women I know, it's the potential for younger men to run around that is a virtual turnoff. So where perhaps younger men may be more physically attractive, the probability of them running off with other ladies, thereby causing the current Thai lady to lose face, makes younger men very unattractive.