Animal Hospital

Sheryl

QUOTE(DJ Pat @ 2005-02-24 17:57:56)

Lat Phrao area, Lat Phrao Road just after Ratchada intersection.

There are many around town, I need to take my kittens into a vets soon.

---------------------------

i've been searching for a kitten for two+ weeks. are you looking for a good home for some of yours?

i'm in the lat phrao area and will be going to JJ market tomorrow to look again.

please contact me if you are, or if you know of any kittens on offer [not full grown cats].

i'm not interested in a persian, just a kitten with personality and spunk

[persians are WAY too tired in this climate for my tastes]

desi

We've got an ordinary thai alley cat,got him from a friend,he is VERY tired indeed... :o

Not to mention our dog(some kind of mix:poodle,shih-tzu and more..),almost as tired as the cat.

Well, I found a kitten at JJ's that's just fine. She's persian [seal point] and about 2 months old. At the moment she's sleeping off a very satisfactory night of keeping me awake while yowling and turning my hands into slivers of flesh.

Yup, she'll more than do.

And in a couple of weeks I'll take her in for shots at the ladprao vet (thanks for the tip). I'm feeling that I've stuck it lucky to be close to SOMETHING for a change ...

We've got an ordinary thai alley cat,got him from a friend,he is VERY tired indeed... :o

Not to mention our dog(some kind of mix:poodle,shih-tzu and more..),almost as tired as the cat.

Have you de-wormed them? Tiredness often due to worms. In this environment you need to de-worm every 3 months. Can get the meds from any vet. Enjoy your cat!

i've been searching for a kitten for two+ weeks. are you looking for a good home for some of yours?

i'm in the lat phrao area and will be going to JJ market tomorrow to look again.

please contact me if you are, or if you know of any kittens on offer [not full grown cats].

i'm not interested in a persian, just a kitten with personality and spunk

[persians are WAY too tired in this climate for my tastes]

desi

I sent you a PM. The kittens are playful, healthy and very very good natured.

I sent you a PM. The kittens are playful, healthy and very very good natured.

DJ Pat.

I already bought one at JJ, but thanks very much for thinking of me. She's healthy, eats a TON, jumps all over the place and loves to snuggle.

again, thanks.

desi

• 2 weeks later...
I hope its health is 100% because JJ amrket animals often come with a few strings attached if you catch my drift, but I imagine you got a nice one. What colour is it?

Hmmm, just reread my post. I meant to say Siamese, not Persian. I'm of the opinion Persians have no business in this climate unless they are kept on ice.

She's beautiful, playful and lovable, and talks back like all get out. A typical cream and tan.

I've named her Pong because she shoots straight up like a ping pong ball, and has terrible gas on occasion (I imagine it's my changing the food too often to see what she likes).

BUT she now has cold symptoms (yup, JJ) so I'll take her into the vet here on Ladprao and get her fixed up (she needs her shots anyway). It may be the dust in the clumping kitty litter, but I doubt it and I seriously hope not as it's what makes life worthwhile in kitty world.

desi

Want one of my wifes cats? lol

We have 1 main coone at 22 pounds never tired and 1 ragdoll always tired. (something to do with the big cat being over friendly?) lol

Both as you know are long haired and from Canada. They do very good in the weather here and actualy are in better health. Strange thing, the coon never purred before in Canada but now i can't stop him from doing so. Alot of good vets and i posted a while back about the King's vet but i can't remember the details now.

I hope its health is 100% because JJ amrket animals often come with a few strings attached if you catch my drift, but I imagine you got a nice one. What colour is it?

Hmmm, just reread my post. I meant to say Siamese, not Persian. I'm of the opinion Persians have no business in this climate unless they are kept on ice.

She's beautiful, playful and lovable, and talks back like all get out. A typical cream and tan.

I've named her Pong because she shoots straight up like a ping pong ball, and has terrible gas on occasion (I imagine it's my changing the food too often to see what she likes).

BUT she now has cold symptoms (yup, JJ) so I'll take her into the vet here on Ladprao and get her fixed up (she needs her shots anyway). It may be the dust in the clumping kitty litter, but I doubt it and I seriously hope not as it's what makes life worthwhile in kitty world.

desi

Need advice from Fellow cat lovers:

Anyone have any advice on a non-liquid medication available in Thailand for a very constipated cat? Preferrably an emollient laxative (stool softener) rather than cathartic. My little darling's problem (which started off this topic round) proved to be a belly full of very hard feces. First vet gave Laxatone, a gooey substance cat's are supposed to like as it's "Tuna flavored".... HA! She hates it and it winds up smeared all over her fur creating a huge mess. Second vet gave lactulose, which is a thick liquid. It does help, but she hates it big-time, and while I can get some into her with a syringe and big struggle, invariably a lot ends up on her fur where it mats and she pulls it out etc etc you get the picture. If I had something in capsule form I could get it into her OK. Any suggestions? In the US there is a medication called Colace (docusalate) but it seems to be available only in liquid form in Thailand.

I don't know what initiated the problem as there has been no dietary change and she's allowed outdoors where she can nibble grass so unlikely to be hairballs. I did recently change kitty litter brands soI'm suspecting the clumping kitty litter, maybe she swallowed some while cleaning herself. I've changed back to the old brand but there's still a belly full of hard stool to be dealt with.

Appreciate any suggestions.

I'm suspecting the clumping kitty litter, maybe she swallowed some while cleaning herself. I've changed back to the old brand but there's still a belly full of hard stool to be dealt with.

I have no suggestions, but I'm also using the clumping kitty litter and am suspicious that it's causing my kitten to sneeze, so wanted to know what brand you switched to. The alternatives shown on this site may not be available in bangkok ... drat.

http://www.thelighthouseonline.com/marina/...ural.html#Index

I've googled 'clumping kitty litter' and the news (some) is not good. What a pain.

desi

I'm suspecting the clumping kitty litter, maybe she swallowed some while cleaning herself. I've changed back to the old brand but there's still a belly full of hard stool to be dealt with.

I have no suggestions, but I'm also using the clumping kitty litter and am suspicious that it's causing my kitten to sneeze, so wanted to know what brand you switched to. The alternatives shown on this site may not be available in bangkok ... drat.

http://www.thelighthouseonline.com/marina/...ural.html#Index

I've googled 'clumping kitty litter' and the news (some) is not good. What a pain.

desi

I had been using Cat San (or something like that name) for a few months before the problem started. Now I switched back to Amadeus something, which actually is also clumping but the particles are smaller, there's less dust, and I used it previously for years with no problems, you might try it. Meanwhile -- anyone out there with a suggestion for cat laxative??? The poor thing is crying in pain, and the lactulose battles are affecting our relationship.....

• 2 weeks later...