Job With Thai Tourist Police

beano2274

I have heard (but not qualified) the following requirements.

1. Look good in green

2. Have an eye for tourists with cigarettes in their hands

3. Don't not mind sitting at hours on end

4. Have a penchant for being in the wrong place at the right time

5. Don't mind spending alot of your time checking street vendours for proper licenses

Hi does anyone have any information on what is required to volunteer for the Thai Tourist Police in Bangkok.

No silly suggestions please

I think you opened yourself up to silly suggestions. :)

If you are really interested I can get you details but think better to PM or you will get more silly answers.

Cheers

didn't mean to make silly suggestions but can't help but being jaded regarding this group....

A few year's ago got my wallet nicked near pratunam market, nearest BIG was at the walkover near (then) world trade center.

A bit panicky I asked one of them who was standing there for assistance, he replied "No go over there, very bad area".

I said, "then why and the f... are you here", he laughed.

QUIET in the peanut gallery! :)

OP - There are a few members of this board who are Tourist Police Volunteers in various areas of Thailand. Use the Thai Visa site search function on the top RHS of this page to find the specific topics.

Hi does anyone have any information on what is required to volunteer for the Thai Tourist Police in Bangkok.

No silly suggestions please

I think you opened yourself up to silly suggestions. :)

That is so true.

I opened up this thread with a big silly smile, as I knew it would attract a lot of "special" suggestions.

:D

I never knew there were tourist police in Bangkok, from what i can see we'd be better off without the actual police there.

There are Tourist Police. They are in their office on Petburi Rd filling out gem scam forms and wasting tourists time, pretending to investigate.