Anybody Here Into Tailoring/textiles Business In Bkk?

I'm just wondering if you can help me out...

I have a friend in the States that owns a clothing shop. He's interested in getting material from Thailand and has met with some of the numerous Indian tailors we have here in BKK. Ideally he would like to have some swatches but has found alot of the fabric in most tailors to be low quality polyester blends.

So he would like too find a mill or a textile company that would (or is willing to carry) higher qulaity fabrics.

If anyone here can help or knows someone that can we'd appreciate it :)

The mills are happy to make any quality you want. They are quite technically adept, and fabrics have complete and complex formulations with standardized nomenclature. Unfortunately, you are going to find that minimum mill orders are along the lines of 1000 yards. Thats a lot of jackets.

There are a few, very few, mills that keep some sort of stocking of reminents. PM me and I will try and dig out some info on them.

This is what I have generally discovered about your kind of requests. The buyers just dont have enough retail trade to make it worthwhile to deal with sources in Asia.

Anyway, PM me and I will dig through our files and see what I can find that might be of help.