New Airport Bus From Jomtien

Rimmer

We all know that it is relatively expensive to get to the new airport from Pattaya.

One has to rely in the main on taxis, which regardless of how honest some drivers are you will still occur a hefty fee of around 1,000 baht each way. Others naively fall victim to unscrupulous shysters who will try to overcharge and if one does not have any other option one accepts with gritted teeth.

Now, a new service has appeared for everyone wishing to travel via Pattaya and new airport. Khun Khumron Thongsuwan, manager of the Rungueang Bus Company announced on the 14th July about the operation of a new regular bus service from Jomtien to the Suvarnabhumi Airport. This new route will serve everyone from its Pattaya/Jomtien base at the forecourt opposite the Pan Pan Restaurant on Thappraya Road. It will operate 4 buses offering a daily service leaving every 2 hours from 8am to 9pm at a cost of 124 baht per person. The last bus service to Pattaya from Suvarnabhumi bus terminal will be at 9pm. Read the next issue of Pattaya People Weekly for more information on this excellent new service.

Source and VDO at:

http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?F...IdArticle=18135

I took said bus about two weeks ago, not because I am a "cheap charlie" but because it was so much easier, comfortable and arguably much safer than the usual taxi service. Only problem is, I couldn't figure out where to catch the bus on the return trip.

We all know that it is relatively expensive to get to the new airport from Pattaya.

One has to rely in the main on taxis, which regardless of how honest some drivers are you will still occur a hefty fee of around 1,000 baht each way. Others naively fall victim to unscrupulous shysters who will try to overcharge and if one does not have any other option one accepts with gritted teeth.

Now, a new service has appeared for everyone wishing to travel via Pattaya and new airport. Khun Khumron Thongsuwan, manager of the Rungueang Bus Company announced on the 14th July about the operation of a new regular bus service from Jomtien to the Suvarnabhumi Airport. This new route will serve everyone from its Pattaya/Jomtien base at the forecourt opposite the Pan Pan Restaurant on Thappraya Road. It will operate 4 buses offering a daily service leaving every 2 hours from 8am to 9pm at a cost of 124 baht per person. The last bus service to Pattaya from Suvarnabhumi bus terminal will be at 9pm. Read the next issue of Pattaya People Weekly for more information on this excellent new service.

Source and VDO at:

http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?F...IdArticle=18135

This is excellent information and good luck to Khun Khumron. I will certainly support and recommend....

• 1 month later...
I took said bus about two weeks ago, not because I am a "cheap charlie" but because it was so much easier, comfortable and arguably much safer than the usual taxi service. Only problem is, I couldn't figure out where to catch the bus on the return trip.

The Bus leaves 1st floor gate 7 - 8 every 2 hours

Bus from airport: 7am - 9pm

Bus from Jomtien: 8am - 9pm

The Bus leaves 1st floor gate 7 - 8 every 2 hours

Bus from airport: 7am - 9pm

Bus from Jomtien: 8am - 9pm

Do you mean, directly from the terminal and not from the Suvarnabuhmi Busstation?

I tried it and there was not a problem. Usually I arrive in Thailand at midnight or so, but this time I was on a domestic flight which landed at 12:30pm and caught the 1pm (leaving time 1:15pm) bus. 124 baht and very easy... Just hopped off at Sukumvit (spelling), grabbed a motorcycle taxi and off to the hotel.

Just give it a try.

TheWalkingMan