Bangkok - Cebu - Manila - Bangkok

altmtl

I'd like to go to Cebu, PI, and return to BK via Manila if I can...

I would get my 90 day visa in BK.

But I'm not sure of my return date and apparently you need a return ticket, so what would be the best way to do this? Should I fly Cebu, AirAsia or PAL? Is it possible to get an open ticket?

Thanks

I'd suggest Cebu Air BKK - Manila - Cebu - Manila - BKK. Prices are usually quite good but if i remember correctly the BKK - Manila times are not very user friendly.

Air Asia AFAIK would be via Kuala Lumpur & then into Clarke.

As for open dated returns you needc to study the various airline's websites. Probably cheaper to book a fixed date, make sure its a changeable ticket, (definately won't be the cheapest) then change it if necessary.

I also plan on getting a 59 day visa for PI in BK, as I will most likely be staying over that time & would get an extension if I did. That's why I would need an changeable ticket, in case I came back a little earlier as well. May also consider avoiding Manila altogether, but as you mentioned, the wait from Manila to Cebu is not very user friendly.

Loads of flights from Manila to Cebu and back to Manila. It's the Bangkok-Manila-Bangkok flights on Cebu Pacific that are at inconvenient times.

Last time I went Thai Inter and times and connections were excellent.