Application Ready For Collection

Hi, my g/f put her application in last friday at the application center at regent house. we left Bangkok as we thought it would be a long wait but i've been using the application tracker on the vfs website and it says your application is ready for collection from the application center. Does that mean her visa has been approved, or does it mean we can go there and we just get her passport back and it may have been rejected. im currently at ko chang but very anxious to find out the news. thanks for any help on this.

It means that the sealed envelope is languishing in Regent House waiting for your girlfriend to collect and open to find out the result, the staff at VFS will have no idea of the result, as I say the envelopes come sealed.

The visa could have been approved or it could have been refused, I'm afraid you will not know until it's collected but you will have an idea about how strong the application was.

The good thing is the short turn round time, though that is not indicitive of the result.

Good luck.