What's Up With Theft-prevention Tags To Baby's Milk Powder In Thailand?

In many superstores like Tesco/Lotus where it's more difficult to prevent merchandise thefts, why do they bother putting the theft-prevention tags on the milk powder for babies? It's not something small like cell phone, afterall. As a Thai, i think it's indicate that the welfare quality here is really mess up if the mothers has to steal milk powder to feed the babies. (Labour-working mothers can't rest enough to produce breast milk)

If this is not so, please assure me so. I'm starting to think that we are really deprive on wellfare, among other things. (Also, i think the true figures for the baby abandon rate in Thailand is high.)

Edited by emancipationthailand

In many superstores like Tesco/Lotus where it's more difficult to prevent merchandise thefts, why do they bother putting the theft-prevention tags on the milk powder for babies? It's not something small like cell phone, afterall. As a Thai, i think it's indicate that the welfare quality here is really mess up if the mothers has to steal milk powder to feed the babies. (Labour-working mothers can't rest enough to produce breast milk)

If this is not so, please assure me so. I'm starting to think that we are really deprive on wellfare, among other things. (Also, i think the true figures for the baby abandon rate in Thailand is high.)

They do it because it is expensive and I am sure if you asked the retailer was an item getting stolen enough times for them to start tagging them.

Your second paragraph I won't comment on.

Do these theft prevention devices stop the can being opened and empting the contents in a plastic bag? It is shame Thailand and many other countries allow the promotion of baby formula when breast milk is by for superior and much cheaper. I understand many mothers have to work and so breast feeding is difficult or impossible. Babies are far better off with all the antibodies etc, but these companies are rather clever with there marketing.

Do these theft prevention devices stop the can being opened and empting the contents in a plastic bag? It is shame Thailand and many other countries allow the promotion of baby formula when breast milk is by for superior and much cheaper. I understand many mothers have to work and so breast feeding is difficult or impossible. Babies are far better off with all the antibodies etc, but these companies are rather clever with there marketing.

It's not just that mate, my Mrs breast feeds 95% of the time, but occaisionly when we go to the mall or whatever, a bottle is more appropriate.