English Language Computer Books In Bkk?

girlx

i need some computer books so i can update my skillset before i start teaching computer skills to kids.... i seem to remember seeing some in a shop in pantip, but i don't recall them being in english. can anyone suggest a place with a decent amount of stock? just basics like Word, Excel, HTML... so i can make sure i know all the details.

There is a university bookshop around the back of Siam Square that stocks a good range of English language computer books. That's where I suggest you try first. Sorry, I can't remember the name of the shop, but I'm sure that someone from this forum can tell you.

i need some computer books so i can update my skillset before i start teaching computer skills to kids.... i seem to remember seeing some in a shop in pantip, but i don't recall them being in english. can anyone suggest a place with a decent amount of stock? just basics like Word, Excel, HTML... so i can make sure i know all the details.

There is a university bookshop around the back of Siam Square that stocks a good range of English language computer books. That's where I suggest you try first. Sorry, I can't remember the name of the shop, but I'm sure that someone from this forum can tell you.

There is a good bookshop within the World Trade Centre ( old name ) I can't remember the name of shop but it's big and should be quite easy to find. Opposite end from Sukhumvit Rd. They stock a good range of English language computer books.

Book Chest (in Pantip, Fortune IT Mall, and I think another store) - have computer books in Ebglish - and they're the South Asian versions so a lot cheaper than you pay in the UK / US for the same books.

I seem to remember them having a pretty good selection of the O'Reilly (animals on the cover) and SAMS books, at least at the one in Pantip...

Edited by bkk_mike

SE-ED in Fortune is pretty good (top floor branch, not the magazine shop on the ground floor). There are two book chest stores there as well. The big one sells mouldy outdated ancient tomes, the small one has up to date stuff.

SE-ED in Pantip is ok. If you can deal with the sexy movie sales people in front.

The Chula Bookstore in Siam Square is good - its right next to some British Education Council building. In Fortune IT Mall there is also one, not SE-ED, gives a pretty good English selction. I believe its on the 2nd floor towards the Lotus entrance but am a bit unsure. For what programs are you lookin for?

Go to the Emporium at Phram phomg BTS..the Bok store is called Kinokunya 100% books...Alot of computer books there you can just simple sit on the bench or on the floor and read the book for free FOC..Alot of foreighner go ther just to read the books for free...... :o:D:D:D