Farang, When Right Or Wrong.

Savage

Touched on previously and then left alone due to the joking nature of the post.

If they use farang among rellies and friends I would say something....but when she is talking to a stranger who doesnt know your name, why would she use your name.....If she said "david wants dessert" the waiter may just ask "who is David"

Why confuse people....

Simple Thai logic.... :D

The experts have failed... :o  :D

Then she should be saying sami or faen. I bet when he's in his country in a restaurant with his missus he doesn't say 'the Thai would like some dessert!'

no he probably says...She is from Thailand, she doesnt eat dessert...same same but different.

We dont always identify our partners status to strangers.....even in our civilised and politically correct western countries. InThailand we are a farang....get used to it or go back to your home countries

The old "if you don't like it..." drivel. Sickening :D

yep.....thats it......If you dont understand the Thai reasoning and accept it as it is....what the heck are you doing there.....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no he probably says...She is from Thailand, she doesnt eat dessert...same same but different.

We dont always identify our partners status to strangers.....even in our civilised and politically correct western countries. InThailand we are a farang....get used to it or go back to your home countries

You can take the girl out of the bar, but you can't always get the bar out of the girl, right gb?

You're right. Some guys will just have to continue accept it. :o

did I mention BG's....I dont think so...

your stereotypical attitude is showing like a virgins slip...

I have just discussed this with a temple girl....there is no slur intended in the use of the word farang. it is just a word. Indians are called Kaak which is just as harsh sounding. She would have used the same term in the same situation.....people who have a problem with the use of the word farang do not have an understanding of the Thai people or their language....

BTW...can explain to me what a temple girl is as against a bar girl that you seem to know a bit about

My first wife used to refer to me as farang in public, it did cause a grating of my nerves but it was 17 years ago and farang was the most effective way to indicate she was taking about me i.e. the farang on the bus, I pay for his fare. My second wife calls me Dad which I take with the good nature humour it is intended. If it is all about loss of face in public that’s a judgement call only you can make.