Apple Service Provider In Cm?

minuit3101

Apple just announced their record results for the second quarter, with more and more Macs being sold. One detail caught my eye: over half the Mac computers sold in the second quarter were sold to people who had never used a Mac before. Looks like there be some switching going on.

I have a few reasons for my impending acquisition of an apple, but one of them is that i get fed up with computer problems that crop up not infrequently. And although it's easy to get them fixed here, and at a low price, the language problem never lets me understand how to fix things myself.

Also, i've met a few people now who have a mac, and they are so enthused about their computers!

Ah, i've just remembered one question i asked the girl at the apple shop yesterday which i'm not sure she answered properly. Anyone with a mac know if when using the iphoto software that you can put a photo into various different albums you create, but at no extra file space? I do this happily with ACDSee. She told me that each time i copied a photo into other folders it would add space to my hard drive. That could be a big problem for me.

Snowleapord: The new OS will ship in September. The upgrade from the current OS that you'll get with your Mac purchase will cost $29. Previously, every new mac included a coupon for a free OS upgrade if a new OS ships within 3 months of your purchase. You can send an emil to Apple Thailand directly to ask if this is still the policy.

Unlimited copies of a file can be made without incurring additional storage space by making an 'alias' of the file. To the operating system, the alias will simply point to the original. Double clicking on the alias will open the original. Trashing the alias will NOT trash the original. Changing the name of the alias will not change the name of the original.

The wired version of the keyboard and mouse come free with the mac, except the mac mini.

Snowleapord: The new OS will ship in September. The upgrade from the current OS that you'll get with your Mac purchase will cost $29. Previously, every new mac included a coupon for a free OS upgrade if a new OS ships within 3 months of your purchase. You can send an emil to Apple Thailand directly to ask if this is still the policy.

Unlimited copies of a file can be made without incurring additional storage space by making an 'alias' of the file. To the operating system, the alias will simply point to the original. Double clicking on the alias will open the original. Trashing the alias will NOT trash the original. Changing the name of the alias will not change the name of the original.

The wired version of the keyboard and mouse come free with the mac, except the mac mini.

Ahggg! You've made it even more likely i'm going to have to splash out on a mac now! Thanks for the info though, and i've never heard it called an 'alias'. Is that an apple term, or a general term?

I'll take the wired version of things anyway. I can't see the need to avoid wires.

. . . I'll take the wired version of things anyway. I can't see the need to avoid wires.

On the slight chance that it could make a difference to you, I'll mention an advantage for me of the wireless keyboard and mouse. I have a Mac Mini that is hooked up simultaneously to two displays. One's a regular style monitor that I use at a desk in a study next to the living room; the other is my television in the living room itself (which I cannot see from the study). Having a wireless keyboard and mouse, I can use them easily in either location.

. . . I'll take the wired version of things anyway. I can't see the need to avoid wires.

On the slight chance that it could make a difference to you, I'll mention an advantage for me of the wireless keyboard and mouse. I have a Mac Mini that is hooked up simultaneously to two displays. One's a regular style monitor that I use at a desk in a study next to the living room; the other is my television in the living room itself (which I cannot see from the study). Having a wireless keyboard and mouse, I can use them easily in either location.

I'm interested in how you could be using your keyboard with your tv? I mean, how can your mac be hooked up to it?

I guess i only suspect wireless stuff because i for some reason think they are more prone to breaking down. Don't really know why i think that though!

Ahggg! You've made it even more likely i'm going to have to splash out on a mac now! Thanks for the info though, and i've never heard it called an 'alias'. Is that an apple term, or a general term?

I'll take the wired version of things anyway. I can't see the need to avoid wires.

Alias is Applespeak for shortcut in Windows. By the way, wireless keyboards and mice are surprisingly useful - I've never had one fail in 8 years and getting rid of even a couple of wires is a help!

I'm interested in how you could be using your keyboard with your tv? I mean, how can your mac be hooked up to it?

The new Mac Mini, which was released in the last six months or so, can be connected, by wires, to up to two displays simultaneously. I have a digital television that can work as one of the two, and I have hooked it up to the Mac, with its own wire, to use that way. (Note, though, that I think not all televisions will work this way, so it is a point you would need to be careful about, if interested.) The wireless keyboard and mouse work with the Mac, wirelessly from the living room, and the results get displayed on the television when I use it as a display.

Ras,

So your using a mini as a multimedia server? I'm thinking about going down the same route. What software do you use? (unfortunately I have an aversion to iTunes - which is keeping me away from the whole apple migration thingy - at least until this, probably my last pc, dies.

I've also looked at the appleTV, but looks to be just an expensive HD - ie its features like downloading TV/vids etc are only for the American market??

So your using a mini as a multimedia server?

Could be, but I cannot answer definitively because I am not certain what multimedia server means.

What software do you use? (unfortunately I have an aversion to iTunes - which is keeping me away from the whole apple migration thingy - at least until this, probably my last pc, dies.

Do you mean, what software do I use to run both displays? I don't know, whatever is on the mini for that purpose. I assume it is just part of the operating system. Or do you mean, what software do I use to run media, like music, movies and so forth? I use iTunes for most of my music, I use iPhoto for images and I use a couple of different applications for video.

I've also looked at the appleTV, but looks to be just an expensive HD - ie its features like downloading TV/vids etc are only for the American market??

I looked into that too, at one time, but lost interest when I learned the only material it will handle is what you buy from Apple.

Instead of Word you can use Pages as mentioned b4. I love Pages and you can also import/export word docs with it.

You know u can also run apple in almost any piece of hardware as long at it has Intel processor (not too old). I have collection of different pc gear here and im running Mac OS X in it I also have Vista but only opened it 2 times so far.

I'm not a geek at all but live with several of them... Mac users and PC users are usually pretty much sold on the computers that they use as far as I can see... one of my geeks uses both as he needs Mac for work..... recent experience with the service here in CM is that they quoted him one price then tried to charge 2,000 baht more... so just be aware of that... :) Happy Maccing! :D