Multi Region Dvd Player

maikee

Hi all, is there anywhere I can get a multi-region dvd player in Thailand? I got overzealous in the US last time I was there and bought a bunch of dvd's..I forgot about the region thing until the night before I was to return.... fortunately, the friend I was staying with had an old dvd player which worked for a while ( worked off the transformer I brought over)... It crapped out a few days ago though. I could burn everything off to my single layer dvd burner... but don't feel like spending the time.. hence my question :o

thanks much. cheers

Mike

Hi all, is there anywhere I can get a multi-region dvd player in Thailand?  I got overzealous in the US last time I was there and bought a bunch of dvd's..I forgot about the region thing until the night before I was to return.... fortunately, the friend I was staying with had an old dvd player which worked for a while ( worked off the transformer I brought over)... It crapped out a few days ago though. I could burn everything off to my single layer dvd burner... but don't feel like spending the time.. hence my question :o

thanks much.  cheers

Mike

Just about everywhere I should think - if you know how to communicate with the locals. Otherwise burn away!!

Hi all, is there anywhere I can get a multi-region dvd player in Thailand?  I got overzealous in the US last time I was there and bought a bunch of dvd's..I forgot about the region thing until the night before I was to return.... fortunately, the friend I was staying with had an old dvd player which worked for a while ( worked off the transformer I brought over)... It crapped out a few days ago though. I could burn everything off to my single layer dvd burner... but don't feel like spending the time.. hence my question :o

thanks much.  cheers

Mike

Just about everywhere I should think - if you know how to communicate with the locals. Otherwise burn away!!

Sweet!! all I need is the model number then... I can say mee deeweedee playaaaaa xxx.xx.-xx.xx mai krup... maybe show them the model number in writing too :D

so do you have a model number then?

Thanks mate

cheers

Mike

Edited by maikee

To make a DVD player region free, usually (for most of brands) you just have to type a code with your remote.

Google the model of your DVD player, and you may find this code, and won't need to buy a new one.

If you can't find the code, or want a new player anyway, you can buy Sony, they are easy to be made region free, the salesman will do it for you in any shop.

To make a DVD player region free, usually (for most of brands) you just have to type a code with your remote.

Google the model of your DVD player, and you may find this code, and won't need to buy a new one.

If you can't find the code, or want a new player anyway, you can buy Sony, they are easy to be made region free, the salesman will do it for you in any shop.

yeti... thanks for the advice.... I'm watching my American version (Region 1) dvd on my Thailand bought LG DVD Player... Googled using: dvd lg code region free

used this link: http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/2/76153.html and followed the following instructions for my LG player by AlexKKK:

- Ensure that there is no disc in the player (ie: "no disc" is displayed).

- Press PAUSE

- Enter 314159 immediately without delay

- Enter the region code (0 for region free, or 1-6).

- Press PAUSE

Actually, his first instruction doesn't matter... I kept the disk in, but followed the other instructions... the code is the important part.

Thanks mate. Great info! Hope I can return the favor one day. :o

cheers