Ta Meuan Antiquities

isanbirder

Does anyone know if the Khmer site signposted just before you reach Kap Cheong as "Ta Meuan Antiquities" is open or not? It was closed at one stage because of the border dispute with Cambodia.

Isanbirder

No Idea, but if you find out more,plz send e-mail for exact directions. [email protected].

Thank you kindly.

Very easy to find. On the main road from Korat to Ubon, turn right at Prasat, towards Kap Cheong and Chom Cheong. Before Kap Cheong, there is a well-marked turning to the right signposted Ta Meuan Antiquities (why this quaint wording, I don't know). Go along there, and look for a signpost to your left after, I would guess 20 kms or so (I haven't been there for four or five years, so am not sure of the distance).

I guess I shall have to try the Tourist Authority, though that doesn't fill me with confidence; last time I contacted them ,to ask for the date of the Nan Boat Races, they sent me there the wrong weekend.

Very easy to find. On the main road from Korat to Ubon, turn right at Prasat, towards Kap Cheong and Chom Cheong. Before Kap Cheong, there is a well-marked turning to the right signposted Ta Meuan Antiquities (why this quaint wording, I don't know). Go along there, and look for a signpost to your left after, I would guess 20 kms or so (I haven't been there for four or five years, so am not sure of the distance).

That's the long way round, before Prasat turn right at Prakonchai and follow the signs when you enter Ban Kruat, it's about 70km shorter that way.

Yes thats the best way to go through Ban Karut stick to the black road on the way too Kap Cheorn .You go through Nikom and travel about 18km to Ta Meuan.

You know when you are getting there there are a couple of 90 degree turns the last is at Ban Koka Chai then about 3KM to Ta Meuan turn Right and stick to the

good dirt track.

Well worth it to have a look at the place there is a track you can go to the top of a mountain and look over Cambodia take the Camera.

Onenof the nicest places in Thailand down there always they get some rain I used to live in Ban Koka Chai for a few years.

Yes thats the best way to go through Ban Karut stick to the black road on the way too Kap Cheorn .You go through Nikom and travel about 18km to Ta Meuan.

You know when you are getting there there are a couple of 90 degree turns the last is at Ban Koka Chai then about 3KM to Ta Meuan turn Right and stick to the

good dirt track.

Well worth it to have a look at the place there is a track you can go to the top of a mountain and look over Cambodia take the Camera.

Onenof the nicest places in Thailand down there always they get some rain I used to live in Ban Koka Chai for a few years.

Yes, of course; I always went via Surin, hence my misleading directions. Last time I was there, a border guard offered to take me to a waterfall a km inside Cambodia; no thanks!