Maxnet Is Highjacking All Sites Exept Speakeasy Speed Test...

ikebukuro5

I've noticed something very strange lately....

My speedtest on speakeasy.net/speedtest to Seattle shows 3-4 megs consistantly but all the rest of the world wide web is slow at about 200 kbps...

Could it be that Maxnet blocks everything EXEPT speakeasy.net/speedtest in order not to loose face?

Wouldn't surprise me after the last Google highjack a few weeks back.

Can anybody confirm some fast speedtests from this URL to Seattle? :

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Super fast all the time but all the rest is slow....

I've noticed something very strange lately....

My speedtest on speakeasy.net/speedtest to Seattle shows 3-4 megs consistantly but all the rest of the world wide web is slow at about 200 kbps...

Could it be that Maxnet blocks everything EXEPT speakeasy.net/speedtest in order not to loose face?

Wouldn't surprise me after the last Google highjack a few weeks back.

Can anybody confirm some fast speedtests from this URL to Seattle? :

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Super fast all the time but all the rest is slow....

Am using Cat Telecom.

Speeds on speekeasy and speedtest.net returned similar speeds. 2500kbps. speekeasy i did to seatle and speedtest to bangkok.

using speedtest to ping seattle got speed of 1500kbps

interestling i have had a prick of a job getting a stable connection to the net. connection speeds to thai sites have been slow.... outside of thailand pages are superslow to load or they simply time out repeatidly.

I regularly test on speedtest.net to Europe and the US and it gets a steady 1.7mbs download on Maxnet.

Thats average on 2mb and applies for other ISP's too.

always deduct 20-25% of the promised speed. Thats what you can expect...

Yep, understand that. I was just quoting what the dial reads on speednet. As a real life example I am currently dowloading a file at 206KB/s which is about 1.4mb/s.

• 1 month later...
I regularly test on speedtest.net to Europe and the US and it gets a steady 1.7mbs download on Maxnet.

Yep, understand that. I was just quoting what the dial reads on speednet. As a real life example I am currently dowloading a file at 206KB/s which is about 1.4mb/s.

You should be so lucky! I'm on Maxnet up in Isaan and all the download tests show a transfer rate of 325 - 326 kb/sec. In real life it is quite often <10kb/sec and as slow as 300bits/sec. Sometimes it can be over 100kb/sec and on rare occasions I have seen what I would expect, 250kb/sec. Talking to Maxnet in BKK is a waste of time and there is no difference in the basic and Premium Packages, except the price! :)

You should be so lucky! I'm on Maxnet up in Isaan and all the download tests show a transfer rate of 325 - 326 kb/sec. In real life it is quite often <10kb/sec and as slow as 300bits/sec. Sometimes it can be over 100kb/sec and on rare occasions I have seen what I would expect, 250kb/sec. Talking to Maxnet in BKK is a waste of time and there is no difference in the basic and Premium Packages, except the price! :)

yes very slow sometimes due to bottlenecks somewhere but not connected to the speed you buy.

Also it seems Thailand has its own intranet, all thaistuff runs very fast including torrent downloads, but outside the country its 56 k analog modem speed like in the good old times :D

• 1 year later...

I live in chiangmai I have 6 meg from tot.Using adsl thailand or maxnet my download speed is 5.5 meg my upload is .45.If I use speakeasy my download speeds are generally right around 3-3.5 meg upload .29.Understand thai web servers are generally awful.I have seen alot of servers in Thailand as I am a computer programmer from the USA. I am very happy with tot not much problem at all.This alos depends on cat because they are the only ones that go outside of Thailand.It goes from here to Maylasia.From there its new fiber to usa that is only 4 yrs old it goes to about 8 or 9 different countries from maylasia