Non-imm B Mulitple Entry Query

Hi, ive had a good scan on this topic but havent as yet found the answer im looking for, so if anyone can shed any light, please do.....

My employers are about to send me off to Penang for my 1 year multiple entry non-b visa all payed for etc etc, will not have a problem getting it as ive been in the system for a year.

My only problem is that im considering leaving this current employer to take up new work in a different area (work permit will be provided).

I have recently been told that if i leave the employer that provides the letter to the embassy stating that i will be working for them (in order to gain the visa), that my one year multi entry will be cancelled, can they do this, or can my new employer not just get me a new wp and therefore i will stay in the system.

I need to know, as obviously if i go and get a year and it all gets cancelled within the next month then its a large waste of money that I will feel obliged to pay up.

Anybody know anything about this and what needs to be done

thanks, Soph

Your One year Multiple Entry Visa will indeed be nullified if you discontinue work with the current employer. Your visa is "tied" to your work permit. After you discontinue work, you have 7 days to turn in your work permit, and then another 7 days to leave the country.

You will need to begin the process from the beginning with the new employer.

There are some exceptions if you have a "extension of stay" permit... you could apply for an extension of stay if they were to pay you the minimum salary for your nationality....which its doesnt sound like they are...hence the one year multiple.

If you did have the "extension of stay" you could have the new employer issue the work permit: so your work permit would be valid for both companies. Then quit one job and have that permit removed. So they basically need to overlap for the extension to be seamless.

Hope this helps.

If you did have the "extension of stay" you could have the new employer issue the work permit: so your work permit would be valid for both companies. Then quit one job and have that permit removed. So they basically need to overlap for the extension to be seamless.

You mean, I can just add a new employer once I have a new employment contract

on the old 1-year work permit extension,

e.g. work permit extension ends on June 30, so I hurry to have the new employer in my work permit booklet on June 29... (??) :o

BTW, how does it work if I move on to an employer in another province, say from Ratchaburi to Mukdahan?? :huh :D:D:D

Edited by Baaksida

Yes, get them to process your work permit before the other one is cancelled, and your "EXTENSION OF STAY" will not be effected. This is especially important for people who are seeking residency, as they cannot have any interuptions in their stay.

You can have work permits from as many companies as you want, all at the same time...if fact it is required if you work for more than one company (ie. having a work permit does not automatically entitle you to just work anywhere).

I have recently been told that if i leave the employer that provides the letter to the embassy stating that i will be working for them (in order to gain the visa), that my one year multi entry will be cancelled, can they do this, or can my new employer not just get me a new wp and therefore i will stay in the system.

No it won't be cancelled. You will just have to leave at the end of your 90 day visa. A one year multi entry visa is NOT tied to the employer. You still have 7 days to turn in the work permit but can stay. Your new work permit with the new employer will be valid for the remainder of the 90 days. When you reenter Thailand with your new 90 day stamp( after the current one has expired) You just extend your work permit just like you had with the old employer.

Notice if this seems confusing. The poster said he was going to Penang to get a one year multi entry visa.

If he had a one year extension of stay permit based on business then it would be tied to this employer. He then would have to leave after 7 days of turning in the work permit unless he had a second business he was working for in his work permit.

www.sunbeltasia.com

www.lawyer.th.com

www.property.th.com