Upgrade Your Hotmail, Free!

wonder

here is a way to upgrade your hotmail from 2Mb to 25Mb and possible to be 250 after a month

here we go :

All you have to do is to turn off Messenger and sign up in your Hotmail account. Go to options/personal and than My profile. Change your country code to USA and pick one of the states – we tried Florida and used 33332 as the zip code. After you change this, go to update than continue. While you are still logged into Hotmail go to

http://by17fd.bay17.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/Accountclose

and deactivate your account. Don’t worry - all your mails will remain safe. Now you have to go to hotmail.com and log with your username and password and you will automatically re-activate your account.

When you log in you will see that you already have a 25MB account while it's supposed to upgrade to 250MB soon.

good luck

NOTE : this trick only seems to work with @hotmail adresses, not with @msn adresses

I tryed it myself and it works!

:o

you dont need to go that far...

Ive got a UK registered Hotmail account and it got automatically upgraded to 250mg all by its self, i didnt have to do a darn thing... so my advice would be to just wait.. you will get it.

you dont need to go that far...

Ive got a UK registered Hotmail account and it got automatically upgraded to 250mg all by its self, i didnt have to do a darn thing... so my advice would be to just wait.. you will get it.

Same same for Australian registered Hotmail. :o

I read about this two or three months ago and i changed my address and zip to NY 11001 and I am still waiting to upgrade :o I cannot use it as my primary email because it provide only 2 mb of space but if i dont use it regularly then it seems like it will never get upgrade. Let me try the deactivation scheme :D

It works :D thanx alot for the info.. I have been waiting for about 3 months lol

Edited by remmy

Of course, if you want a real email address....

I've got a load of Gmail invites, PM me if you want one (dont forget to include which email address you want the invitation sent to)

Yep, a gig of storage and a much better interface IMO.

I got almost 50 invites as well. I wonder how much longer before they drop the "beta" designation and just let anyone sign up.

Simply changing the country/zip code only works in some instances, AFAIK. I've done that method and it worked for one account. For another account, I did it quite a few months ago (same time as I did the first account), and it's still not upgraded yet.

The "deactivate" method seems to be the one with the best results. Of course, if you're in one of the major countries, you probably don't need to do these things.

I still can't get used to gmail. It's just so alien.

gmail is not good for slow internet connection because it use java applet and download all mails first, until it finish downloading all mails in cache u cannot see any mails, its much better to use yahoo and hotmail checking mails one by one .

But lots of ISP and businesses blocked anymails ending with yahoo.com or hotmail.com including BNH hospital bangkok due to high volume of spam sent from these emails :o

Edited by remmy

I've got a load of Gmail invites, PM me if you want one (dont forget to include which email address you want the invitation sent to)

I got almost 50 invites as well. I wonder how much longer before they drop the "beta" designation and just let anyone sign up.

I think there trying to get the POP3 working properly first :o

here is a way to upgrade your hotmail from 2Mb to 25Mb and possible to be 250 after a month

here we go :

All you have to do is to turn off Messenger and sign up in your Hotmail account. Go to options/personal and than My profile. Change your country code to USA and pick one of the states – we tried Florida and used 33332 as the zip code. After you change this, go to update than continue. While you are still logged into Hotmail go to

and deactivate your account. Don’t worry - all your mails will remain safe. Now you have to go to hotmail.com and log with your username and password and you will automatically re-activate your account.

When you log in you will see that you already have a 25MB account while it's supposed to upgrade to 250MB soon.

good luck

NOTE : this trick only seems to work with @hotmail adresses, not with @msn adresses

It worked!!!

Thanks a lot Wonder. :D

I'd been wondering (no pun intended) when i would get the update. Now I don't need to!!!

Cheers

There is some form of criteria for getting automatically upgraded to 250MB with no user intervention, but nobody is sure what that criteria is. Anyways, if you don't want to wait (for an indefinite amount of time) then you should use the provided method to "force" an upgrade.

here we go :

good luck

THANKS WONDER!! Your trick worked for me on my secondary hotmail account (now have 25MB)....In my primary hotmail account (registered with "Thailand" location) hotmail previously automatically/ magically upgraded me to 250MB, but I have been using that primary account for a while :D

Gmail is a beta version but have a 1 GB inbox, if you got an invitation

just go for it. Probably a full version is coming soon from Google.

Google has a beta now and they let some people to test if gmail has the

potential to be a real email client like hotmail and yahoo, wait and see!

but a 1 GB is a great deal and for free to a full version coming...

Edited by Billion

cheers :o i changed my main account from thailand to an british address about 3 months ago and then to an american addresses about 6 weeks ago and nothing had happened. my 2nd account which i changed at the same time was upgraded a week after "moving" back to the uk.

that has solved my problems for a while :D