Dentist

ray23

I asked around from my contacts at the VFW in Udon, after two very bad experiences and below is the referral I got.

Ray,

The dentists' names are Dr. Saranya and Dr. Chintana...both female.....clean clinic, no markup on prices, good service. It's on the same road as the Maya Restaurant (and on the same side), but nearer to Phosri Road than it is to Srisuk Rd. Phone 042-222-935.

Good luck.

John

This was such a good experience that I wanted to share it, this was the first pain free cleaning that I have had in years, very patient and gentle dentist, who spoke good english. If you have the need I would recommend giving these Dentist a try, I wa pleasantly surprised

• 2 weeks later...
Got a friend up in Udorn who says the dentist at the Ek Udorn hospital is very good .

I've never used AEK UDON and I di some voluteer teaching there, the one individual that I do know who used them had soem very serious problems that actually left him hospitalized. He blames the dentist, but the truth is he was in vary poor helth anyway. So I have no idea if they were the fault. It mingh be good to check around a bit more I did and didn't use them

Took the wife to the Ek Udorn and received excellent first class service.She was terrified of going but when it came to it she did not feel the injection and did not know the tooth was out and said "tum leo?"

Spotlessly clean,very sweet female dentist,pain free and superbly equipped.

Took a look in at the clinic mentioned but seemed very pokey as we say in England and not particularly well equiped compared to the hospital.what if there is a complication?Better to be safe than stuck in a clinic.

Edited by aletta

Took the wife to the Ek Udorn and received excellent first class service.She was terrified of going but when it came to it she did not feel the injection and did not know the tooth was out and said "tum leo?"

Spotlessly clean,very sweet female dentist,pain free and superbly equipped.

Took a look in at the clinic mentioned but seemed very pokey as we say in England and not particularly well equiped compared to the hospital.what if there is a complication?Better to be safe than stuck in a clinic.

Glad it went well for you, to each his own.

Edited by ray23

Hello ray23

Did you have complex dental surgery done at this clinic?I ask as i am looking to have some root canal work done.

Well I really don't know how complex the proceedures were, teeth cleaning and no pain I am very sesitive to this. Then believe it or not because I wouldn't four fillings no novicane and no pain. A crown complted, I now have the temp and no problems. I did have novicane with the crown. The only discomfort I experienced was later with the location of the injection.

Someone asked me about costs so will add that

Cleaning 500 Baht.

Fillings 600 Baht.

Crown 7000 Baht.

As mentioned in another post it does not look like a dentist office in the states, but they have xray equipment a I had two done in deciding what I was going to do.

The place is clean.

Several other farrangs I know who are long time residents here, which is how I found out about it, they had no complaints just the opposite in fact.

There are two Doctors there one does general work and the other specializes in the more complex work a I understood what was going on. These two do all the proceedures including cleaning. They have assistants, these I believe are dental students so the most thye will do is apply the suction device.

I had tried two others here before this, one of which was trained in the states, I was not happy with either one.

I would suggest you check it out yourself they speak english well adn don't seem to get upset by questions.

Good Luck

• 2 months later...

New to Surin and in need of a dentist for cleaning.Where is this clinic located and is it near Surin I am not familar with the area yet,or maybe someone could recomend a dentist in the area?

New to Surin and in need of a dentist for cleaning.Where is this clinic located and is it near Surin I am not familar with the area yet,or maybe someone could recomend a dentist in the area?

If you fancy a short train ride to Sisaket there's a good dentist at the station. Not sure of the name, but if you consider the Stn entrance as 3 o'clock at the roundabout, then the dentist is at 11 o'clock.