Non Im O Run Out What Visa Can I Expect At A Land Port?

Hi Folks.

I had a non im o visa which was due to run out at the end of April. Thanks to the great advice on here I went to a landcrossing in Malaysia before the visa expired and they gave me anothe 90 days. That is due to run out and due to family circimstances, I cannot travel back to the UK for at least another three weeks. If I now return to the crossing in Malaysia, can i just do a walkover, walkback? Or do I have to stay for 24 hours in Malaysia. Will they reenter me on a 30 day tourist visa, or the 7 day extension I have read about? Any responses greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thanks Guys, I appreciate your help. That gives me almost the two weeks i need. After the 15 days would I be able to do it again for another 15?. I am only a 3 hour drive from the border so it is very convenient. As soon as I get back to London i will get my non im O redone.

Thanks Guys, I appreciate your help. That gives me almost the two weeks i need. After the 15 days would I be able to do it again for another 15?. I am only a 3 hour drive from the border so it is very convenient. As soon as I get back to London i will get my non im O redone.

Yup, no limit on the number of crossings with visa exemptions :)

Isn't the 4 entry limit in affect for exempt entries?

Isn't the 4 entry limit in affect for exempt entries?

There is no limit, but after 4 exempt entries they might indeed question him.

Well, I went to Penang. After searching on here some more I found reference to a guy called Mr Manef and a contact number. He was bloody marvelous. I gave him my passport on a Fri morning and by 3.30pm the same day I had a 1 year Non Im O visa in my hand. His service fee was very low. Thank you Thai Visa, I am very happy now.

Well, I went to Penang. After searching on here some more I found reference to a guy called Mr Manef and a contact number. He was bloody marvelous. I gave him my passport on a Fri morning and by 3.30pm the same day I had a 1 year Non Im O visa in my hand. His service fee was very low. Thank you Thai Visa, I am very happy now.

Was this based on you having a Thai Wife?

Was this based on you having a Thai Wife?

Lite

My understanding is that the O visa is so that you can make multiple entries so that you can visit your wife/family. So you must have a Thai wife to get one I think. I do not know what your visa requirements are, but contact the guy, he was brilliant.

Lite

My understanding is that the O visa is so that you can make multiple entries so that you can visit your wife/family. So you must have a Thai wife to get one I think. I do not know what your visa requirements are, but contact the guy, he was brilliant.

Non Immigrant O Visa. "O" means other. There are a number of reasons to get a Non Imm O Visa. One of them being to visit a Thai Wife. Another being to visit friends.

I just wondered what reason you had as we are getting mixed reports about Penang.

Good to know that they can still be obtained there if you have a Thai Wife.

Thanks for letting us know.

I presume you know that you can get 12 month extensions from Immigration if you can meet the financial requirements.

Not correct! There is a limit of four border crossings if it is by land.

Tigs -

Is it a multiple enty non-imm O visa ?

What paperwork did you provide ?

Does this visa require extensions (at 1900 baht a pop) and leaving the country every 90 days for a border run ?

Thanks

RF