A&w Vs. Mos Burger

zaphodbeeblebrox

A&W or Mos Burger  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I heard that A&W opened in Central Plaza over the weekend. I haven't been there yet, but I have eaten at the Chonburi store on the Hwy. 7 extension once, and the Maptaphut store on Hwy. 36 about a dozen times as it is on my way home from work.

A&W has great root beer and root beer floats. This is enough reason to pay it a visit, as store bought root beer in Thailand is terrible. A&W serves curly fries with their set combos. Pretty good, if you miss that kind of thing. They use Australian beef for their burgers. The Mossa burger comes with lettuce, tomato, pickle and thousand island dressing. They serve a big piece of pickle on the burger. It's a very mild pickle, and the whole thing comes off like a salad on a bun. The burger patty is small and has a slightly "off" taste. The sets run from 99-129 baht.

I was quite surprised by Mos Burger, the one time I ate there. I ordered a spicy beef burger. The chili sauce was good, not Tommy's quality, but eatable. The burger was pretty good. The fries were thick cut and freshly cooked. The service was also good. I thought the drink was on the small side.

So, my vote goes to Mos Burger, but if you want a root beer float or root beer, check out A&W

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox

They have been having a soft opening for a month or so.

I was keen to try their burgers to compare to home. No Papa or Mama burgers. Just the usual single or double. Sorry to say, the double cheeseburger was not great. To my horror, it was not as good as a Micky Dee double-cheese! :)

Love their Root Beer. i buy it at Tesco. 6 cans for 66 Baht.

I heard that A&W opened in Central Plaza over the weekend. I haven't been there yet, but I have eaten at the Chonburi store on the Hwy. 7 extension once, and the Maptaphut store on Hwy. 36 about a dozen times as it is on my way home from work.

A&W has great root beer and root beer floats. This is enough reason to pay it a visit, as store bought root beer in Thailand is terrible. A&W serves curly fries with their set combos. Pretty good, if you miss that kind of thing. They use Australian beef for their burgers. The Mossa burger comes with lettuce, tomato, pickle and thousand island dressing. They serve a big piece of pickle on the burger. It's a very mild pickle, and the whole thing comes off like a salad on a bun. The burger patty is small and has a slightly "off" taste. The sets run from 99-129 baht.

I was quite surprised by Mos Burger, the one time I ate there. I ordered a spicy beef burger. The chili sauce was good, not Tommy's quality, but eatable. The burger was pretty good. The fries were thick cut and freshly cooked. The service was also good. I thought the drink was on the small side.

So, my vote goes to Mos Burger, but if you want a root beer float or root beer, check out A&W

I ate there late last month. There aren't too many burger restaurants with a better view.

The fish burger was dry and way down on even a McDonalds fish burger.

A&W have never been known for burgers. Yoou are supposed to have chili/cheese dogs with root beer. :)

You must not be from North America!

Albert and Walters is famous for burger and Root beer not to mention drive in service.

Teen, mama papa, granpa, motza burger, oh the spit is runnig down my chin. Hahahaha

When home in the winter I love to stop and order a homemade burger , triple triple,, with ketchup. Ie 3 paddies, 3 cheese. and snack it on the top of a mountain on my snowmobile.

Fries are crap though, unless they are curly spicey fries.

A&W all the way, baby

A&W? Mos? Is this a serious thread about burgers or a piss take?

It's a thread about the burgers at A&W and MOS.

Other threads have already covered home made type burgers.

Growing up in a small Wahington state town in the late 50s and early 60s, the A&W drive in was the one of the two hot spots to hang out...Waitresses would come to the car to get your order and bring the stuff. I ate a lot of hamburgers there and drained kegs of root beer. Sure with diet A&W was here. I spent a lot of time in the old beach rosd site. I vote for A&W.

A and W in North America is one thing, the places in Thailand with the A and W signs are quite another. I ordered one burger, once, at a gas station outside Pattaya, it was a micro waved soggy abortion. Absolute garbage, it sat in puddle of liquid in a styrafoam container,yukkk. Mozza burgers in Canada mmmm. They have a new Uncle burger now, ground sirloin, not quite a teen burger but pretty good any way.

A&W have never been known for burgers. Yoou are supposed to have chili/cheese dogs with root beer. :)

You must not be from North America!

Albert and Walters is famous for burger and Root beer not to mention drive in service.

We did not have them where I grew up, but there was one in Burlington Vermont with no drive-in and no one ate the burgers -just dogs, fries and root beer.

I wonder how the owners of A&W would feel about your assumption, considering that (in N.A.) they offer 14 types of hamburgers and 3 types of hot dogs.

Edited by Beacher

A&W have never been known for burgers.

I agree with that. Always thought of them as the ROOT BEER place. Period.

No! :)

They never really advertised to compete with Wendy's etc., but predated most competitors by decades.

They make good burgers.

I always thought root beer taste awful. That really must be an acquired taste. :)

WHat is a root beer anyway?

Is this a type of beer you consume while having a shag?

BTW both establishments had zero customers inside when i was there last night about 8.30pm.

The display posters of the food didn't look at all appealing to me.

On the other had the Sushi train nearby was doing a roaring trade and look quite appealing.

BTW both establishments had zero customers inside when i was there last night about 8.30pm.

On the other had the Sushi train nearby was doing a roaring trade and look quite appealing.

It is a non-alcoholic drink made from the combined flavors of 37 specially selected tree roots found only in the Everglades of Florida.

It takes a great deal of sophistication to truly understand and savor the taste of this very special liquid.

I wonder how the owners of A&W would feel about your assumption, considering that (in N.A.) they offer 14 types of hamburgers and 3 types of hot dogs.

All I know is that I have never even considered having a Burger at A&W or Dairy Queen either. :D

It is a non-alcoholic drink made from the combined flavors of 37 specially selected tree roots found only in the Everglades of Florida.

It takes a great deal of sophistication to truly understand and savor the taste of this very special liquid.

It tastes like something used to disinfect wounds in a hospital :)

They both suck, Burger King is OK but nothing special. Western Sizzler has a pretty good burger but they have screwed it up about half the time I have ever eaten there. As long as they have Blue Cheese Dressing on the Salad Bar I will go back but if they ever drop that again forget about it. The best Burger I found in Asia is at the Carl Juniors in Kuala Lumpur, Now that is a BURGER! They also have a little fixins bar with Jalapenos and pickles so you can load up your own as fat as you can make it. Last time I was in KL I ate there 2 nights in a row and would have made it three but I had to leave, been thinking about it ever since.

Pringles just came out with a new "Extreme Kickin' Cheddar" that tastes like American Nachos if anyone is game on that. Its expensive at 120 Baht a can but worth it for the odd snack if your a Nacho fan. I got them at Tesco but every big box should have them as they are being promoted now.

Pringles just came out with a new "Extreme Kickin' Cheddar" that tastes like American Nachos if anyone is game on that. Its expensive at 120 Baht a can but worth it for the odd snack if your a Nacho fan. I got them at Tesco but every big box should have them as they are being promoted now.

Thanks for the heads-up on that piece of news! :)

Thanks for the heads-up on that piece of news! :)

My Thai GF is already addicted to them. The other flavors, buffalo chiken and dill are awful. The kickin' cheddar is by far the best crisps/chips available in the stores. Usually I hate Pringles, because they use reconstituted potatoes, but this new flavor is really good.

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox