Phuket House Tour

taxout

Yes, I feel bad for the 'other half' halving to offload '........and now they are keen to sell one or the other'.

$1mil a rai for non commercial land in Phuket was breached long ago, away from those that think 'millionaire's mile' means something.

Usual falseness “Something that would be completely incorporated in the landscape .” “I didn’t want to undo what nature had done.” and I see his favourite piece is a lady boys painting.

Edited by thaiwanderer

the land up there is going for a million dollars a rai I believe

Depends theres a selection of pricing.. I know of 3 rai king of the hill cliff edge direct on ocean for 35 or so.. So 3 for a mil USD.. Theres some on that mile for 10.. But theres loads of bent land titles along that road. Very much a buyer beware there.

Even if it did cost a mil USD.. Are you suggesting the house cost 7 ??

Edited by LivinLOS

No but even if its a million $ for the land once you add 1,036 sqm of built up space I don't see how it can be all be bought for a million$. Build cost is likely 60-70k baht per sqm. probably build the place (if everything went your way) for 3-4 million dollars.

Well IIRC the Ayara villa project is just close to this house featured.. Few 100m south of it from memory. Land there is 7.5m per rai for seaview chanote

http://www.siamrealestate.com/detail/phuke...anote-Sea-View/

So that leaves you a budget of something like 25 - 28 million in build which even at truly insane per meter prices still makes a 600 sqm internal build and some terraces pretty easily.

Well IIRC the Ayara villa project is just close to this house featured.. Few 100m south of it from memory. Land there is 7.5m per rai for seaview chanote

http://www.siamrealestate.com/detail/phuke...anote-Sea-View/

So that leaves you a budget of something like 25 - 28 million in build which even at truly insane per meter prices still makes a 600 sqm internal build and some terraces pretty easily.

You can't buy Ayara land at 7.5 million a rai, It was MUCH more than that 6 years ago before there was any real estate there (or even a proper road). I'd be surprised if you could buy any seaview land anywhere on the West coast at that price.

Click the link..

I know of many seaview west coast plots cheaper than 7.5 that are not millioniare villa worthy but good solid seaviews.. I know a couple that might even go for 5m in west coast mid island and some going begging 4m - 5m (superb land) up north of Laguna south of Nai Thon. Thats king of the hill sloped clifftop and he couldnt shift 5rai for 20 for years.

hel_l just under 3 rai of Patong seaview cant sell at 30m.. Right height, clean title etc..

Or the 3.5 rai of 270 degree seaview panaroma total peak of the hill at panwa that went for 12 altogether.

Some people seem to believe everything that printed on the real estate pages in the shiny brochures.

Click the link..

I know of many seaview west coast plots cheaper than 7.5 that are not millioniare villa worthy but good solid seaviews.. I know a couple that might even go for 5m in west coast mid island and some going begging 4m - 5m (superb land) up north of Laguna south of Nai Thon. Thats king of the hill sloped clifftop and he couldnt shift 5rai for 20 for years.

hel_l just under 3 rai of Patong seaview cant sell at 30m.. Right height, clean title etc..

Or the 3.5 rai of 270 degree seaview panaroma total peak of the hill at panwa that went for 12 altogether.

Some people seem to believe everything that printed on the real estate pages in the shiny brochures.

Perhaps,

I clicked the link - and think I've seen the land, If its the piece I think it is, its got to be 120m high. Ayara was bordering on 80m and this is well above that.

Its nothing to do with shiny brochures, I know what people have paid for land. I visit at least 4-5 villas a week and its a question I always ask. You'll probably find most of the unsold 'bargain' land has title problems, most lawyers will pick this up during due diligence, they are waiting for the buyer with no or bad (bribable) lawyers.

Talking to our lawyers and they reckon at least 1 in 3 pieces of land they investigate for potential buyers gets flagged by them with serious problems, do you think this land gets taken off the market by the seller?

The builder charged these people way more than the actual costs, and it appears that they think they can double their money with their asking price.  Perhaps all of the artwork and "new modern thai style" furniture will be thrown in.  Seriously I didn't see real high quality finishing materials that will still look good after a few years of salt exposure.

hehehehehehe

1050 sqm at 30-70k = 75 mill baht

in an area where most Chanote are fake and above 80 meters

bloody expensive art and furniture to match asking price :):D

Trouble is the "art and furniture" is valueless rubbish; at least what can be seen in the slide show;

I have come across two pieces of land for sale this week, one at Kata with wonderful views over Karon, 10+rai for about 37mill

and another for 37 mill which is 1.2 rai at Loch Palm

Is someone being greedy?

The Thais don't seem to realise what is going on in the world.

Its nothing to do with shiny brochures, I know what people have paid for land. I visit at least 4-5 villas a week and its a question I always ask. You'll probably find most of the unsold 'bargain' land has title problems, most lawyers will pick this up during due diligence, they are waiting for the buyer with no or bad (bribable) lawyers.

Do you not think that by visiting farangs overpaying for thier 'high end' labeled property they themselves over paid and are caught in the same trap ??

I list property I KNOW is either sold or for sale.. 3.5 Rai 270 degree peak of hill, was on all the websites for 35 - 40m baht.. Actual sale price to a Thai 12m, the land between Laguna and Nai Thon hes been trying to sell for 3 years.. Even Bunny bar Stuart with his 3 rai in Patong (which cost a pittance) and was selling for 3 or 4 years at 15 for all 3 rai, seaview, NSG, Patong. I think he might of finally got that sold now ? I know Pian purchased 4 rai in Patong for 10m total up on baan mon hill about a year to 18 months back.

Theres 2 prices, one for actual traded land between Thais, and entirely another for the brochure set, the dreamer developers, etc.

I have come across two pieces of land for sale this week, one at Kata with wonderful views over Karon, 10+rai for about 37mill

A more real priced plot.. Was it all under 80 ??

hehehehehehe

1050 sqm at 30-70k = 75 mill baht

in an area where most Chanote are fake and above 80 meters

bloody expensive art and furniture to match asking price :):D

Trouble is the "art and furniture" is valueless rubbish; at least what can be seen in the slide show;

and another for 37 mill which is 1.2 rai at Loch Palm

Is someone being greedy?

The Thais don't seem to realise what is going on in the world.

Kata 10+ rai at 37 mill below 80 meters and legal road access is a bargain :D Even if you have to spend 3 mill on power and water, its still a bargain :D:D

Do you not think that by visiting farangs overpaying for thier 'high end' labeled property they themselves over paid and are caught in the same trap ??

I list property I KNOW is either sold or for sale.. 3.5 Rai 270 degree peak of hill, was on all the websites for 35 - 40m baht.. Actual sale price to a Thai 12m, the land between Laguna and Nai Thon hes been trying to sell for 3 years.. Even Bunny bar Stuart with his 3 rai in Patong (which cost a pittance) and was selling for 3 or 4 years at 15 for all 3 rai, seaview, NSG, Patong. I think he might of finally got that sold now ? I know Pian purchased 4 rai in Patong for 10m total up on baan mon hill about a year to 18 months back.

Theres 2 prices, one for actual traded land between Thais, and entirely another for the brochure set, the dreamer developers, etc.

A more real priced plot.. Was it all under 80 ??

Surely something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I'm sure there's a reason that Cape Sol or Ayara land is selling (or sold) at a higher price just as I'm sure there's a reason that the Cape Panwa land sold so low.

If the land you are talking of is such a bargain then why does it take so long to achieve a sale? (or not) - I know plenty of people actively looking for land. I'm sure most of it is overpriced, However the Cape Sol land for example has sold at high prices, so its worth it to someone.

Surely something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Exactly !! my point being plots do not get the asking prices or sit there for a long long time looking for fresh off the plane believers in the shiny papers.

I'm sure there's a reason that Cape Sol or Ayara land is selling (or sold) at a higher price just as I'm sure there's a reason that the Cape Panwa land sold so low.

Reason it sold low (and I semi regret not buying it as Panwa is a place to grow into IMO away from the madness of the west.. And this was a plot fit for villa of grand style) is the seller needed money.. And after years of waiting for the 'on the websites' price he took what a local would give him.

Yeah but that is also my point, the Cape Sol land has sold at those high prices, there's 10 houses odd built up there in the last year or so. Compared to the Panwa land that the guy couldn't sell for 3.5 years until he lowered his price by 70%.

The owner of the Cape Panwa land was the dreamer, surely? not the guys who've been selling their land consistently at the (high) price they want.

The wealthy guys who have bought up there aren't stupid, they will have done their homework (including things like due dilligence) they aren't going to be buying land at 4 times the price of the duplicate plot next door or 10 times what it costs 100m up the road or whatever. I think its incorrect to think that everyone who buys an expensive plot of land has been hoodwinked.

I'm curious as to how the house in questions owner legally bought their land and house seeing as they aren't Thai and presumably it's freehold as nothing was mentioned about a 30 year old leasehold purchase.  Surely they didn't buy the land via a Thai company :).

Maybe the pics aren't flattering, but I have to say that I've seen many, many nicer places (although not as big) for far less. Frankly, I prefer my house to that - and mine cost a fraction of the price. I don't have a seaview (couldn't afford it) but I look at the mountain and fields and I love it. I know that it can change through development (well, probably not the mountain) but I'm not going to worry about what may or may not happen at some stage in the future.

And the furnishings and art are, IMHO, pretentious nonsense. Probably cost more than my house, though.

However, if the $8m asking price is realistic, I'd like to offer my 2 bedroomed house at the knockdown price of £4m (or £2m in cash in a brown envelope); my 5-yr old truck at £200,000 and my services as a gigolo at £10,000 per night. Don't all rush.