How Indonesia Is Thieving The Tsunami Fund

The_Moog

I'm in Indonesia now -

The tsunami charity funds for reconstruction in Indonesia are being thieved, - (no surprise there.)

This is how its being done - and its just as tipped early in january

One of the President's financial backers - a pretty scary thug who is not averse to burning down properties he owns in order to re-develop, is allegedly being given sweetheart deals to rebuild Aceh's infrastructure.

(I won't mention his name as he's likes litigating against the media - PM me if you want to know who he is!)

Of course the tenders are nice and high - automatically approved, and everyone in Government gets their cut.

It's not just Indonesia, People coming out of the woodwork claiming title to nicely cleared areas of beachfront property. I have seen ancient mining rights documents suddenly unearthed on plots that used to house hundreds, now they can't even rebuild where they used to live. I expect to see much development of large resorts in affected areas, not likely to see much house rebuilding and am sure that many of the displaced poor will be living in aid centers for some time yet, at least until the sharks have finished feeding of the profits of disaster

I'm in Indonesia now -

(I won't mention his name as he's likes litigating against the media - PM me if you want to know who he is!)

Is there a prize for guessing the right answer? Same one with high-profile law-suits against Tempo magazine for writing a few truths about him, sent his thugs round to smash up their offices and beat up the editor and journalists? :o

He was always close to the Megawati regime, so it would make sense that he'd cozy up to the new president.

But to filch the restoration funds would come naturally to Indonesians, they just can't help it. It was believed that the public donations had been used to pay for the internationonal tsunami relief meet in Jakarta in January. I for one believe it. :D