Refused Multi-entry Type O

hello fellow members!

I applied for a visa type O based on volunteering/internship in stockholm,sweden. They refused to give me a multientry claiming

that they only issue single entry.

Now I got my type O single entry but I intend to stay longer than the three months issued, I will work too so i´m gonna get a WP.

Did the embassy do wrong not issuing/refusing to give me a multientry?

What are the chances (not easy to answer, I know) to go back and claim a multi?

How much do this set me back, what am I forced to do with the single instead of the multi?

Thanks for your understanding of me being a novice in this matter.

hello fellow members!

I applied for a visa type O based on volunteering/internship in stockholm,sweden. They refused to give me a multientry claiming

Now I got my type O single entry but I intend to stay longer than the three months issued, I will work too so i´m gonna get a WP.

How much do this set me back, what am I forced to do with the single instead of the multi?

anyone?

You can get a Multi Entry for reason of visiting Family and Friends. From Stuttgart. Amsterdam. Hull UK, You can apply by post if you are in Europe.

With your single entry you may qualify for a 12 month extension from Immigration.

Have a look at the rules for extensions.

If you are going to work, then you could come to Thailand on your single entry and once you have you job you can apply for one year extension for the reason of working.

Your company will have to provide all the documents required by immigration and support you for your work permit.

You applied fora Non O visa. Work permits are not generally given on a non-o you need a non-B and will need all the relevent documentation from the employer in order to obtain a work permit. Volunteering requires a work permit. If the organization you are volunteering for does not arange one before you start working there you couold be subject to severe penalties.

Read up on the laws for visas volunteering and work permits before yuo come to save severe dramas.

Murray: Ok, thanks, guess a single entry will do as good as a multi entry in my case.

Harrry: From what I read in this forum there seems to be no problem to get a WP on an non O visa. Im sure the documentation from the employer will not be a problem,

I haven´t start working yet and I do know that you need a WP to conduct any type of work , paid or not.

Situation: Got job, non o single entry, just want as little hassle as possible when in Thailand regarding this kinda stuff and be well prepared.

For an extension based on emplyment I need a minimum salary of 50,000 baht a month right? Is there a way around this or other solution?

Edited by EmanuelSWE

You applied fora Non O visa. Work permits are not generally given on a non-o you need a non-B and will need all the relevent documentation from the employer in order to obtain a work permit. Volunteering requires a work permit. If the organization you are volunteering for does not arange one before you start working there you couold be subject to severe penalties.

Read up on the laws for visas volunteering and work permits before yuo come to save severe dramas.

It is as easy to get a work permit on a non-O as it is to get one on a non-B. In fact, the non-O visa is the correct one to get a work permit on as a volunteer.

For an extension based on emplyment I need a minimum salary of 50,000 baht a month right? Is there a way around this or other solution?

It would depend on the kind of employment. The minimum incoem of 50,000 baht is for working with a company. For some jobs, like artists, members of the media and teachers there is no minimum income requirement.

Note that the income requirement is also only when you apply for an extension of stay from immigration, it is not required to get a work permit. Some people stay in Thailand with a multiple non-B visa for this reason and simply leave and re-enter Thailand every 90 days, as they don't make 50,000 a month.

It would depend on the kind of employment. The minimum incoem of 50,000 baht is for working with a company. For some jobs, like artists, members of the media and teachers there is no minimum income requirement.

Note that the income requirement is also only when you apply for an extension of stay from immigration, it is not required to get a work permit. Some people stay in Thailand with a multiple non-B visa for this reason and simply leave and re-enter Thailand every 90 days, as they don't make 50,000 a month.

Here it depents who one deals with, Mae Sai never have any problem, been here 5 years now and have yearly non immigtration o retirement visas and every year I get a multiable entry, well consistently

when I go and leave the country in BKK on my return they............. stamps in a 30 day tourist visa,

thank God they where trips to Macau and I was not to tired and so in BKK I want to speak to your boss

and your boss and your boss, to get it straighten out. They almost get to know me there. So when it comes to immigration do not take anything for granted. I am happily married to a Thai have a beautiful house on 2 rai and want to spend the rest of my life here. Just because some ........... at BKK I do not want loose my yearly status and jump thru all the hoops again. So be careful and do not take anything for granted. I want to repeat in Mae Sai I have the highest regard for the immigatiom officers. BKK ...... do not want to say it.

hello fellow members!

I am a USA citizen and get an A-O pension visa annually. in addition i get a multiple entry visa at the same time. If I were you i would appeal their decision.

I am a USA citizen and get an A-O pension visa annually. in addition i get a multiple entry visa at the same time. If I were you i would appeal their decision.

I think you are talking about 12 monthly extensions of your permission to stay. Plus a Multi Re Entry Permit. From Immigration.

hello fellow members!

Would that be a Non-Immigrant "O-A" Visa? If so you can get one for 3 YEARS and multiple entries each year for the price of 2 years ($350 according to the price list on the Thai Embassy site in the U. S.). If I am wrong in this I hope someone will show me.

Would that be a Non-Immigrant "O-A" Visa? If so you can get one for 3 YEARS and multiple entries each year for the price of 2 years ($350 according to the price list on the Thai Embassy site in the U. S.). If I am wrong in this I hope someone will show me.

The multiple O-A visa is for 1 year, not 3 years.

At the pricelist you see the price of a non-immigrant visa for 3 years, that is another kind of visa and applies only persons asking for a non-B visa, which can be granted for 3 years.

http://www.thaiembdc.org/consular/fees.aspx