How Many Tattoos Do You Have?

rideswings

I have 2 tattoos, and my old gf got one of a butterfly in BKK because she was so captivated by my tattoos. So how many tattoos do you have and does your Thai GF or wife have any?

Most of my farang friends in Thailand have at least one, but many of them have 4 or more.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None, neither of us have any at all. Beware of getting all tattood while young, later in life you may find difficulties in the job market. A couple of weeks ago, the misses and I were about to take the midday express train to Korat and a Thai guy appeared in front of me (farang farang!) looking for a handout. He had tattoos on his neck, tattoos on his arms and hands. I ignored him and he squatted down the other side of the wife and mumbled his tale of woe of finding it hard to get a job because of all his tattoes. I had a Kiwi supervisor in UAE who apparently had extensive tattoos on his arms, he didn't appear to be very proud of them as he wore long sleeves to hide them even in the stifling heat. Opportunities for advancement in the job market may be hampered with extensive tattooing.

Tattoos on Thai women just label them as bar girls. Sad but true.

Do you think tats on western women labels them in a certain way?

It's been a fashion for some for a decade maybe now.

Regards Bojo

Regards Bojo

See, one more difference between them.

None, neither of us have any at all. Beware of getting all tattood while young, later in life you may find difficulties in the job market. A couple of weeks ago, the misses and I were about to take the midday express train to Korat and a Thai guy appeared in front of me (farang farang!) looking for a handout. He had tattoos on his neck, tattoos on his arms and hands. I ignored him and he squatted down the other side of the wife and mumbled his tale of woe of finding it hard to get a job because of all his tattoes. I had a Kiwi supervisor in UAE who apparently had extensive tattoos on his arms, he didn't appear to be very proud of them as he wore long sleeves to hide them even in the stifling heat. Opportunities for advancement in the job market may be hampered with extensive tattooing.

:D

Middle-aged women (farang) with tats on their lower back. What's all that about bar pure advertising. Each to their own I guess.

What'll it be next, how many pimples do you have on your butt? :)

I don't have any and neither does my wife, come to think of it no one in either one of our families does. I have nothing against tattoos however they tend to slam doors shut in the professional work place even in the USA.

If one chooses to get a (or many) tattoo it is best to position them so they can be easily covered up with a t-shirt (or better yet don't get any) :) All of mine are on my upper body, and one on my leg. I worked as a counselor at a hospital for many years and my colleagues never new that I had tattoos. Not something that i flaunt especially since i have gotten older.

I have one on my forearm. It is a souvenir of a drunken night in New Zealand from 45 years ago.

My wife like many Thai ladies has a scar on the calf of her leg from a motorcycle exhaust pipe. She considered getting a tattoo to cover it but changed her mind so she has none.

:D

Middle-aged women (farang) with tats on their lower back. What's all that about bar pure advertising. Each to their own I guess.

What'll it be next, how many pimples do you have on your butt? :)

I got 2 tattoos and 1 pimple ....

1 tattoo coste dme 2 beers, the other on and the pimple were free

I have 4, on upper arms and shoulder, so cant be seen in the polo shirt, because yes, tatoo's all over your body in plain sight is detrimental to employment prospects...even in the buisness I am in...Oil and Gas, where just about everybody offshore has at least one tatto...ok offshore, but can be frowned upon in the office..LOL.

Mrs Soutpeel has one on her shoulder, prior to meeting up with me, she had none....I decided one day to get another, and I think she decided to show me some bravado...LOL...and decided to get one the same day on her shoulder..

To me not a big deal, but having them all over your body, on your neck, face etc....just plain stupid, unless you are a tatto artist..

Tattoos and body piercing are the biggest turn-offs I can think of. I don't mind when girls get a little tat in a discrete place, but lately I've seen more and more Thai girls with big ones that cover most of their thigh, shoulder, or even on their necks. I don't care how pretty the girl's face is or how amazing her body is -- once I see those big tattoos, I'm completely turned off and wouldn't jump in the sack with her if she offered it free.

Pattaya seems to have more than its fair share of young guys with total upper body tattoos or even covering their entire body. Do you know that not too long ago people actually paid money at circuses to see these type of people in the freak show tents? Now, don't slam me for that piece of information. It's not intended to be an insult to any readers who fit the bill, but only a little fact.

I don't care how pretty the girl's face is or how amazing her body is -- once I see those big tattoos, I'm completely turned off and wouldn't jump in the sack with her if she offered it free.

I will bet you would.... :) ...besides it gives you something to look at while you or she is busy

Regards Bojo

Nope, just Thais. I would not hire a Thai girl that had a prominent tattoo. Not good for business unless you are a bar worker or a muso.

My fiancee got one when she was in the south pacific....a butterfly. We were just friends then (left shoulder blade). She moved back to Thailand in 2006, and we started dating, I went to Wat Bang Phra and received a sak yant tattoo from a monk (PAINFUL) in Oct 2007.

She has one and I have one

Anyone have a W on each butt cheek?

I saw a girl on a *ahem* gentlemens website a while ago that had a tatt on her lower stomach/pubic area that simply said "Andy's F&%K Toy"

Unless my name was Andy I dont think I would be watching her walk around in the nud_e too often.

I have 3, the ex-missus has one.

The new missus has none, but she likes mine.

I wont be encouraging the new missus to get one any time.

I have one - done by bamboo. It is on my right shoulder blade. Am getting another one done on the other side. Both original works - cannot repeat the design. I work in the tourism industry and when anyone does happen to see my tattoo they are amazed by the fact that it was done by bamboo.

I think tattoos can look sexy on young women who are in touch with their wild side, but my worry would be how those same tattoos look on the woman when she's a middle-aged mummy doing the school run. That's the thing about tattoos - they are much like a fashion accessory but unlike other accesories, these ones stay with you for life. Surely there must be the technology these days to have tattoos that disappear after five or ten years?