Burriram Anyone?

Hi there a Government school in Burriram is looking for a teacher, the teacher must have a Bachelors Degree. You would work through a well known company in Bangkok, who will take you to the school and present you, also they will get you a WP.

PM if interested

Edited by beano2274

Hi there a Government school in Burriram is looking for a teacher, the teacher must have a Bachelors Degree. You would work through a well known company in Bangkok, who will take you to the school and present you, also they will get you a WP.

PM if interested

Hi, are they looking for experience, or a certificate, in addition to the degree? Thanks--

Ps. Can't think of why Buriram would be the last place... can you?

Buri Ram isn't the last place on earth--and was hoping some people would come out and defend it.

It's a hard time to recruit teachers. Most people are settled in for the time being, but there should be a few out there who will respond.

PM if interested

Hi, are they looking for experience, or a certificate, in addition to the degree? Thanks--

The most important thing is a Bachelors, check out their website, and then if you like apply, they are looking for teachers in other locations too.

PM if interested

The most important thing is a Bachelors, check out their website, and then if you like apply, they are looking for teachers in other locations too.

Thanks!

Buri Ram isn't the last place on earth--and was hoping some people would come out and defend it.

It's a hard time to recruit teachers. Most people are settled in for the time being, but there should be a few out there who will respond.

"tis why it's easier to secure such work where the 'competition' is nil. Always has it's advantages. As to local and some that might malign such places. Sure beats the hel_l out of the usual suspects....

• 3 weeks later...

Burriram is a great place, I lived 1 year there, in Nong Ki, with new road your only 90KM (well, where I was in Burriram)

from Korat. Cheap living, & lovely nice people up there, v genuine people.

I'd nearly apply for that position myself (B.A. Degree, Post Grad Dip & TEFL cert done few months back & looking for start Pattaya area)

Only I am committed down here in Pattaya with the woman & new born baby, other wise I'd be up there to Burriram in a flash.

I spent most of 2006 in Nong Ki, & with new highway its much quicker to travel up there, & even the internet speed up there

I hear has dramatically improved.

Seriously, Burriram is not to discounted, during the week, regardless of where your working, & since teaching is not paid a fortune, most people take it easy mid week. Depending on location Korat is not so far & that is a great city. Night life for those who want to Disco, & plenty of stuff to do. I used to cruise around on the motorbike get lost for dozens of KMs down back roads, its amazing if your interested in the real Isan culture what you will discover. Its like living out the Discover Channel! LOL! I was amazed to find, way off the main road, a tiny village called Ban PraKham which was mostly Catholic in Religion with a church & Nuns (How a tiny Catholic community, exclusive to Ban Prakham ended up there, I still wonder. Google is not telling me).

I had 2 bed room town house big living room (v nice, basic but v good) rent 2500 B a month.

You could not spend money in the place!

It can be a little isolated for want of chat to a farang on occasion, depending on where you are, but a long weekend in Pattaya is only several hours down the road, on VIP Air Coach from Korat.

Plus if your into Muay Thai... Nong Kee Payuath Muay Thai Boxing camp is where famous champs Nampon (famous to Westerns re Ramon Deekers big win & 2nd match loss) & Nambuakan & a host of other champs came from & trained at that camp in Nong Ki.

So alot of things to do in Burriram for the ESL teacher, that does not occur to most people.

Check out what the man got re the Teaching Job in Burriram, 1 year up there is a great experience, & who knows, maybe the cheap living, wonderful people, & lack of BS & chancers in places like Pattaya, you might be very happy to stay & teach in Burriram.

Just bring a suit case of books with you for your personal reading! And stump up the extra for a fast internet connection, & you will have no problem passing time during the week.

A bit off topic, but I could not pass this thread without putting forth my own experiences up in Burriram,

30K B e.g. in Burriram for teaching would be like earning 50K B a month as a teacher in Pattaya. Its good value to live up there. :-)

Buriram is probably as fine a place as most Issan areas. Still, 30,000 is 30,000, and to some folks just isn't enough. A person on 50k in Pattaya could afford to purchase a vehicle and still live comfortably by cutting down on Western food and prowling bars. A person on 30k in Buriram would be hard pressed to do so, especially if they were supporting a family. For the right person at the right time in their life this is a great opportunity.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

I think Buri Ram is about the last place on earth I'd go.

(I hope that brings the pro-Buri Ram folks out and you get some responses)!

You have probably never been to Stockwell then :):D

I once had a Saturday night in Coventry. Catching a train out on a rainy Sunday morning was like escaping from Colditz.

The fact Buriram is untouched by farang would make it quite attractive to many people.

I once had a Saturday night in Coventry. Catching a train out on a rainy Sunday morning was like escaping from Colditz.

The fact Buriram is untouched by farang would make it quite attractive to many people.

That is an incorrect statement, there are loads of ferangs there.

Incidently,I was there yesterday BTW :D

Dave

That is an incorrect statement, there are loads of ferangs there.

Incidently,I was there yesterday BTW :D

Dave

Sorry Dave, I've never been there. I just thought being out in the boonies, there wouldn't be many of us.

PM if interested

Is it hard to land a job in Thailand if you are not there?

• 8 months later...