Working Holiday Visa Stamp Every 90 Days?

Ok I am a Australian (22 yrs old). I have a 1 year working holiday visa. (http://www.thaiconsulatesydney.org/Consular_services/Visa/working%20holiday.html) and I've been in the country for just over 2 months now. When I entered at the airport they stamped my passport with "Admitted Until 23/05/2010" with the blue stamp.

Now the complication to this is that when I picked up my visa/passport from the embassy in Sydney the guy told me that I would need to get it stamped every 90 days, so when I got to the airport I was anticipating a stamp valid for 90 days. But after confused and bewildered looks from the staff on duty at suvanaburi (who I don't think had ever seen a working holiday visa before) I was stamped with a full year.

Now my question is do I just leave it and do nothing? Or should I go to the immigration office and just check it out when the 90 days comes up?

Thanks for your advice

You have to make a report to Immigration after you are here for 90 days; which includes your arrival information and current address. You use a TM.47 form to do so and the bottom portion retain in passport for the next 90 day report. You can download the form from the pinned items at top of page.

The window for reporting is plus/minus 7 days.

Edited by lopburi3

You have to make a report to Immigration after you are here for 90 days; which includes your arrival information and current address. You use a TM.47 form to do so and the bottom portion retain in passport for the next 90 day report. You can download the form from the pinned items at top of page.

Ok thanks... Should I have only been stamped for 90 days? Or is this just how things work?

Ok thanks... Should I have only been stamped for 90 days? Or is this just how things work?

Permission to stay and 90 day reporting are two different matters. As Lopburi says, if you are in the country for more than 90 days you have to report to Immigration using Form TM47.

As I understand it, it is a multiple entry non-B-A visa, never heard of this visa before. But I think the consuate was right and you will have to leave the country every 90 days, instead of doing 90 day reports. Asking immigration headquarters or call them is wise.

I also have never heard of it until now.

According to the MFA Website it works the same as a Non Imm O-A Visa. http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2492

You have permission to stay for a year and you have to report to Immigration in Thailand every 90 days of continual stay.

You do not say if you have a single or multi entry. It will make a big difference depending on what you have.

I also have never heard of it until now.

According to the MFA Website it works the same as a Non Imm O-A Visa. http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2492

You have permission to stay for a year and you have to report to Immigration in Thailand every 90 days of continual stay.

You do not say if you have a single or multi entry. It will make a big difference depending on what you have.

And so we learn something new every day :)

Ok thanks everyone, I will report to the local Chiang Mai office here when its time, and see what they say.

It is a multi entry visa, however I'm pretty sure I will not have to leave the country after 90days.

After reading the link rpovided by Lite Beer I'm pretty sure you don't have to leave the country. If your non-B-A visa is indeed a multiple you will get another year to stay in Thailand if you leave and return just before your VISA expires (not your current pemision to stay, the VISA is the stamp fom the cponsulate and is valid for 1 year from the day it was isseud. Says something like Utilise before ** - ** 2010.)

Ok thanks everyone, I will report to the local Chiang Mai office here when its time, and see what they say.

It is a multi entry visa, however I'm pretty sure I will not have to leave the country after 90days.

After reading the link rpovided by Lite Beer I'm pretty sure you don't have to leave the country. If your non-B-A visa is indeed a multiple you will get another year to stay in Thailand if you leave and return just before your VISA expires (not your current pemision to stay, the VISA is the stamp fom the cponsulate and is valid for 1 year from the day it was isseud. Says something like Utilise before ** - ** 2010.)

Wow didn't know that, It says enter before May 12 2010, So if I enter on May 11 2010 I can stay for a whole year, unless I leave the country, is that correct?

Don't believe it will work that way as the posted information is that you get one year from date of first entry. I expect an exit and return will get same same permitted to stay date (like a re-entry permit). I suspect they have learned from the OA visa experience. But have not seen any first hand reporting as yet.

Edited by lopburi3