What Happened At The Embassy Today?

newtronbom

Can anybody please tell me what happened - if anything - at the New Zealand embassy today? I have done a search with no result. The reason that I ask, is that a taxi driver that I talked to this afternoon, told me that the road was "blocked off" due to some kind of - riot - protest - or what ever. Called a friend who had heard the same thing, but like me, did not know the cause. Thanks. thebom

The New Zealand embassy is a couple of rooms in a skyscraper on Wireless Road. Are you sure about this?

My friend working at the embassy is not answering her phone. But then again it is late on Friday night...

Edited by Gaccha

The New Zealand embassy is a couple of rooms in a skyscraper on Wireless Road. Are you sure about this?

My friend working at the embassy is not answering her phone. But then again it is late on Friday night...

Yes, the girls were demonstrating that way today.

Well, it's midnight and I have still heard no word from my NZ embassy friend, so there seems to me two possibilities:

1. the seamstresses walked on the road a bit about 20 floors below the embassy so caused the traffic to get blocked up.

2. a crack team of protestors stormed the embassy. The police went in with their elite units sending everyone they have, using flash grenades to take out the Manillans (what are they doing here?), crashing a tank onto the top of the skyscraper and driving it down the stairwell. In the meantime, the New Zealand Ambassador, upon shaving his beard, because this is like well serious man, gets on board a weatherballoon (the only flying equipment in the New Zealand air force) and escapes back to New Zealand.

I am wavering to the second possibility on the evidence at hand. I am going to sleep on it. But you are all free to write anything as inductively reasoned as the above.

Well, it's midnight and I have still heard no word from my NZ embassy friend, so there seems to me two possibilities:

1. the seamstresses walked on the road a bit about 20 floors below the embassy so caused the traffic to get blocked up.

2. a crack team of protestors stormed the embassy. The police went in with their elite units sending everyone they have, using flash grenades to take out the Manillans (what are they doing here?), crashing a tank onto the top of the skyscraper and driving it down the stairwell. In the meantime, the New Zealand Ambassador, upon shaving his beard, because this is like well serious man, gets on board a weatherballoon (the only flying equipment in the New Zealand air force) and escapes back to New Zealand.

I am wavering to the second possibility on the evidence at hand. I am going to sleep on it. But you are all free to write anything as inductively reasoned as the above.

You could be right Gaccha. I'm concerned for the ambassador though as we have a cold southerly flow over the country at the moment.....he's not going to make it here, I'm afraid. If he gets to Australia, he should be able to hitch a ride with the Ozzie airforce, though....they DO have aircraft.

HI all. It seems that my wee question has developed some interesting lines of speculation......Thank you all for your (input???) time. I will try and get a lead from the news, if there is any. I was aware that Triumph International had an issue to do with production and this is probably what has caused this recent "kerfuffle" at the embassy here. Still. It is Saturday morning after all (read hang-over), so I am not quite yet ready to face the world and all it's dilemmas. Thank you all once again, for trying to help a poor lost Kiwi, living in this big city. thebom.

post-61805-1248489208_thumb.jpg

Seamstresses in Bangkok and Manila have been protesting before Swiss embassies to air complaints against the Aargau-based lingerie firm, Triumph International.

Good for them!!!

I must say zzaa09. I love your er, ar, atavar!!

I head that laid-off staff of Triumph (textile company) went to protest at the Swiss (?) embassy and that this caused the traffic jam.

Strange that--on a number of occasions when I have mentioned to thai people { ladies } that I am from New Zealand--it has often been passed on to other people in the bar that " he is from Switzerland "--maybe it's the sheep shagger accent :)

Bucko

Aw, mate - it's not the accent, it's the clothes; makes you look like a Yank to those Thai ladies - y'know, a walking ATM, eh.

As far as the airforce goes, unless I'm mistaken, they still have 2 Hercules transports. Problem is, of course, once they get one to fly someplace, something goes wrong and it can't fly home. So they send the other one with the parts and engineers; now the first one can fly home, but the second one is grounded.

Makes you wonder why they still advertise openings in the air farce.

Aw, mate - it's not the accent, it's the clothes; makes you look like a Yank to those Thai ladies - y'know, a walking ATM, eh.

As far as the airforce goes, unless I'm mistaken, they still have 2 Hercules transports. Problem is, of course, once they get one to fly someplace, something goes wrong and it can't fly home. So they send the other one with the parts and engineers; now the first one can fly home, but the second one is grounded.

Makes you wonder why they still advertise openings in the air farce.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do you mention the " air farce " noavai ??--have I met you ? I spent 12 years flying out of Whenuapai and Hobsonville

one question for you >> jandels +shorts + t shirt + = yank ?????????????????----I'm guessing you are from our Penal Colony across the Tasman

Bucko

ps where are you in Issan ?

Just to conclude. Upon speaking to my New Zealand embassy friend, it turns out that the protest was against the Swiss embassy. With so many protests nowadays it is difficult to remember which country you are protesting against. How many times have you started a riot at the wrong embassy-- I think we'll all been there.

I understand the Swiss embassy is located in the same fire hazard skyscraper. I further understand the New Zealand Ambassador still has his beard. I think all of us can rest easy that the full might of New Zealand was not turned against Thailand. Peace.