Landlines In Bangkok

Zen

I heard it's a long process to apply a landline (from TOT) in Bangkok, anyone has an experience to share? My company is setting up a small shop in Bangkok and will have to apply for the lines. How long does it normally take? What are the documents required?

I heard it's a long process to apply a landline (from TOT) in Bangkok, anyone has an experience to share? My company is setting up a small shop in Bangkok and will have to apply for the lines. How long does it normally take? What are the documents required?

Tabian baan for a Thai, Work permit for a farang, last I heard. Installation time varies a lot, so you'll find out, hopefully, when you apply

Go to the TOT office and ask for a line. Make sure you tell them it is for business use.

They will get back to you in about a week to tell you if a line is available.

If not available then you will sit on the waiting list forever.

Can you manage with a mobile or is it for internet use ?

u can get one frm true...

i got a line fixed in my personal name at my house. took a total of 5 days. no deposits.

i took my passport to true in fortune tower, applied(one english speakin staff was very helpful) had to wait approx 30 mins, got my number.

after 5 days they fixed the line to the building...and the building ppl connedtec the line to my flat in 10 mins....

you can also manage with the net with mobile. many mobiles have wireless modem option which allows u to use GPRS in yr pc.

for credit card processing im not sure, but i think that too can be managed by sim card.

True is not available everywhere. But if it is, you're in luck.

As Devil_dog said, it's quite easy and straightforward. Just turn up at a True office with your passport and you have your line within a couple of days.

It helps if you bring a location map along so they can give you an answer if a line is available.

You can even make an online application.

http://www.truecorp.co.th

Dunno for a business, but ToT will not give lines to anyone without a citizen card, even hill tribe folk born in Thailand, as they can't complete the form. TA (TRUE) will allow foreigners to present their passport instead of citizenship card. ToT are quite happy if you get someone else tp show their card, and apply for you, as they can then fill out the form.

Anyway, in Bangkok, apparently, TA (TRUE) have exchanges every 2 km, and ToT every 4km on average. Thus, in theory, TA will usually be a better quality line. TA (TRUE) set me up with a line in about 5 weeks. They hooked that line to high speed internet in 4 days. The reason they gave for the wait on the line was that there were no lines free at the local exchange and I'd have to wait for a number to come free. One day while they were telling me this for the umpteenth time (on a friends phone), their 'engineers' knocked on the door to connect me.

they only connect to the outside of your building, you will have to give them extra to run the line inside.