Thaksin Shinawatra Celebrates His 60th Birthday

george

markaew; I heard the Brits???? are going back into the aggressive colonization mode, the targets are going to be foodstuffs, oil, drug, furs, timber,precious metal/gemstones, producing/ transshipment countries. They are also looking for a penal colony to send the outcasts from the colonies. The criteria for this colony is a place where the influx of outcasts will not adversely affect the local population, their way of life and their standard of living. Criminals without a country will be included in the penal colony transfer system. Under this program mr T may eventually return home and live in a manner more suited to his background.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call this tripe if you wish but I have had many discussions with motorbike taxi and they all say they have to pay a minimum of 60,000 just to be allowed to have a "home base" to work from, along with taxi drivers that want to claim a territory to work from. They ALL said they didn't have to pay this money with Thaksin in power. Everybody worked where they wanted. They hate this new PM. They don't call him Mr. PM, they call him "Mark" out of disrespect.

They also say Mark will never travel north or south because he is afraid it would be a one way ticket. Mark stays close to the money people in BKK and the Air Con.

They also say Mark will never travel north or south because he is afraid it would be a one way ticket. Mark stays close to the money people in BKK and the Air Con.

Not quite. The base for the Thai democratic party is SOUTH Thailand.

And the fact that he is in danger in these territories is something good?

At least he's not a convicted fugitive like squarehead. I think any Thai PM needs security in the Muslim areas of the south, nothing unusual about that. The Bangkok transport types are a big part of the base of the red shirt thugs, wouldn't be surprised if MONEY is behind that.

Edited by Jingthing

Call this tripe if you wish but I have had many discussions with motorbike taxi and they all say they have to pay a minimum of 60,000 just to be allowed to have a "home base" to work from, along with taxi drivers that want to claim a territory to work from. They ALL said they didn't have to pay this money with Thaksin in power. Everybody worked where they wanted. They hate this new PM. They don't call him Mr. PM, they call him "Mark" out of disrespect.

Everybody worked where they wanted. They hate this new PM.

The many motocy guys I met have told me a different story...

/edit by WF

Edited by webfact

This is what the news-forum is being reduced to lately. Newly registered red fans that spout lies and half-truths and absolute nothing to back them up. Over and over again.

This is what the news-forum is being reduced to lately. Newly registered red fans that spout lies and half-truths and absolute nothing to back them up. Over and over again.

Well sure, this is the basic foundation behind stimulation. Repeated often enough/brought to one's attention time and again - it becomes real and true. The whole spectrum, regardless of one's political and social convictions. Most are susceptible to the easiest form of social engineering. Without independent, original, nor critical thought. Speaking of hypnosis, I dare to say that most Westerners are not really attached to respective Thai political indentities, but instead catch the fashionable wave as they believe they understand.

Well sure, this is the basic foundation behind stimulation. Repeated often enough/brought to one's attention time and again - it becomes real and true. The whole spectrum, regardless of one's political and social convictions. Most are susceptible to the easiest form of social engineering. Without independent, original, nor critical thought. Speaking of hypnosis, I dare to say that most Westerners are not really attached to respective Thai political indentities, but instead catch the fashionable wave as they believe they understand.

Catching a fashionable wave is hardly the point here. I am only reflecting what the people on the street are saying. I do listen to other opinions before I form my own opinion. It's called forming an informed opinion. You should try it sometime it might make you sound a little smarter. Also, if you want to appear a bit smarter you should correct your spelling.

BY THE WAY...I didn't know you were part of the fashion police.

Catching a fashionable wave is hardly the point here. I am only reflecting what the people on the street are saying. I do listen to other opinions before I form my own opinion. It's called forming an informed opinion. You should try it sometime it might make you sound a little smarter. Also, if you want to appear a bit smarter you should correct your spelling.

BY THE WAY...I didn't know you were part of the fashion police.

Was there something wrong with the spelling? I didn't spot it :) Certainly he is right about the propaganda thing, the lie, oft enough told, becomes the truth [Lenin I think - and he should know].

Syntax certainly but that is more a question of style.

Style police? :D

Kev

There was a campaign in Thaksin's days to issue motorsais with new jackets, taking them out of the control of the usual motorsai's mafia with their "entrance fees" and extortion.

No one mentioned anything about paying off the police. Services like that pay the police not to be harassed at traffic checkpoints for minor offences.

There was a campaign in Thaksin's days to issue motorsais with new jackets, taking them out of the control of the usual motorsai's mafia with their "entrance fees" and extortion.

No one mentioned anything about paying off the police. Services like that pay the police not to be harassed at traffic checkpoints for minor offences.

One thing missed or ignored in this discusion, is that Thaksin was making an obvious and concerted effort

to sway the motorcycle and regular taxi drivers ( mostly issanese) into something resembling a private street army.

He succeeded by many reports. So if he did lower the hit for some of these guys,

it was partly for the street power he was buiilding and partly for the word sent home

about how Thaksin helped the Issan drivers etc etc.

Basically it was swapping Thaksins mafia for the old one,

just a different method of payment: you defend the boss,

and things go good for you. He was the uber-policeman,

and knew the street well, back off some street mafia types

and co-op their marks into your own personal grateful legion.

Then sic them on your enemies....

It was smart, but not the wonderful altruistic world painted by some

here, who can't see past their nose or his paycheck.

Edited by animatic

One thing missed or ignored in this discusion, is that Thaksin was making an obvious and concerted effort

to sway the motorcycle and regular taxi drivers ( mostly issanese) into something resembling a private street army.

Yes, exactly.

Thanks for expanding on my previous comment about this:

The Bangkok transport types are a big part of the base of the red shirt thugs