Vegetarian Restaurants & Buffets?

SGDude

My friend wanted to bring me to this Italian Vegetarian restaurant once but it was closed for Song Kran a few years ago. I wonder if it is still around now? Any idea where it is and what it is called? I remember it was around Sukhumvit area.

What are the popular vegetarian restaurants around Sukhumvit, Siam, Chit Lom?

I only know a few places like in MBK - Bug & Bee, both food courts and 1 restaurant outside the level 6 food court.

The central food court at CentralWorld level 7 has vegetarian food at the Vietnamese food stall.

Indian food like Dosai King, which I don't like very much because the price is high and portions are small. Little Hanoi at Emporium... I know there are some other vegetarian restaurants around Sukhumvit but I am looking for the ones that are close to BTS so that I don't have to walk like 15 minutes to get into a soi...

I have also been to 2 May Kaidee restaurants but I did not think the food was fantastic or anything..

I also like MK and Coca's vegetable set. I prefer Coca because their chili paste is nicer and they've got tom yam soup.

Last but not least.. Do you know where I could get vegetarian buffet? I wanna eat and eat and eat. I am starving here as a vegetarian!

in MBK 6th floor there is 1 restaurant called nova kitchen,they have veg food,and all the chicken beef or pork are made from tofu(tohu),i think you are talking about the same place

Edited by babuhavas

holiday inn silom,they have a indian restaurant called tandoor,on special days they keep veg bufet,a bit expencive but worth trying,

sukhumvit soi 5,there are many arab rest,they can make veg falafel and stuff,and the prices are very cheap

on silom soi 19's corner,there is labenese joint called nadimos,saperate menu for veg food,price reasonable and good quantity.

The tops food court at Robinsons basement Sukhumvit (Asok BTS) has a stall that has a small vegetarian menu and they also can cook vegetarian dishes if you ask them to.

The tops food court at Robinsons (Thai Cultural Center MRT) has a vegetarian food stall. Same in the tops food court at Central Lad Phrao.

There is also a vegetarian food court near Khampeng Phet MRT. I forgot which exit to get out from.. It is quite hidden out of sight. Food is cheap there at around 15 THB per dish.

Another great place to have vegetarian food is at all the pizza restaurants if you take cheese.

These are the ones I can think of right now....

Not in your area but in the mall 3 in Ramkamhaeng on the 4th floor is a vegetarian place.

The food tends to be cold if you are not there just before lunch so ask them to recook it.

Brown rice and a choice of 6 or 7 dishes.

Great International Veg Buffet dinner, only on Sundays (been going for years), until 10:30, is at the Novotel Lotus, just off Sukhumvit Soi 33, on the 9th floor. Only 400 baht, unfortunate part is that there is a live Indian Group playing painfully loud (not bad music). One can ask for an outdoor table round the pool, if not raining...

New super Veg restaurant at the Ekamai BTS, in new building (ask around). Last orders by 8:15, only draw back.

Check the Happy Cow/Bangkok site, has all of them (71 places!), including reviews. http://www.happycow.net/asia/thailand/bangkok/

Favorites are Anotai next to Rama 9 hospital, Kwan-Imm Jae vegan restaurant Sukhumvit soi 24/1, near Prom pong bts, Kinnaree on Sukhumvit Soi 8, 100meters down the lane on the left, in lovely house has a great veg section & selection.

Enjoy! Great to share with like minded friends, so let me know when u go!

Found Ur Station right opposite the Immigration Department at Sathorn area. I took the MRT to Lumphini and went out from exit 2. Walk straight and turn left at the first road. The full information is here:

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=location

I don't know why I missed it the last few times I was at the Immigration Department. Now I can submit my passport and go to this place to eat and wait before going back to collect my passport.

Found Ur Station right opposite the Immigration Department at Sathorn area. I took the MRT to Lumphini and went out from exit 2. Walk straight and turn left at the first road. The full information is here:

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=location

I don't know why I missed it the last few times I was at the Immigration Department. Now I can submit my passport and go to this place to eat and wait before going back to collect my passport.

I do the same - they have coffee and snacks also. a great place to wait.

• 5 weeks later...