V V For The Us For A British Citizen

I have searched & searched the forum but cannot find the answer to my question.

Does anyone know if, as a British citizen living in Thailand, can I can apply for a visitor’s visa for the USA at the US embassy in BKK?

I know that I do not qualify for the visa waiver programme.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

What I know about US immigration law and visa requirements wouldn't fill the back of a stamp!

However, for most countries being legally resident in a country other than that of your nationality does not bar you from applying for a visa in your host country.

I imagine that the US is the same.

I have searched & searched the forum but cannot find the answer to my question.

Does anyone know if, as a British citizen living in Thailand, can I can apply for a visitor's visa for the USA at the US embassy in BKK?

I know that I do not qualify for the visa waiver programme.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Phil, why do not not qualify for the visa waiver program? Based on your question as a British Citizen you should have a British Passport therefore you qualify. You can only visit for three months on the waiver program but that is, as far as I am aware, the only restriction.

Unless you are a felon, in which case you're in trouble anyway!

Dear Sir,

Why do you believe you are ineligible for the US Visa Waiver program? As stated above, if your passport says "British Citizen," then you should not have a problem entering the USA on the visa waiver program. That being said, I believe there may be some restrictions imposed on those holding other types of British nationality (British Overseas Citizen, British Protected Person, British National Overseas, etc). In order to use the US Visa Waiver Program, one is now required to register beforehand using ESTA, the Electronic System for Travel Authorization.

I hope this was helpful.

All the best,

Ben Hart

US Immigration Attorney

Integrity Legal