Great Website For Getting Up-to-date Exchange Rates

Firstly, I hope the mod's do not pull this thread (for posting a link), as it really is a very useful resource for TV members who want up-to-date THB exchange rates across all Thai banks.

In one click you can get the exchange rates of a particular currency from all the major banks - and when they were last updated. Also, gives the % difference between lowest to highest.

Lastly - I am in no way connected with this site, but it so good that I thought others would want to know about it.

http://bankexchangerates.daytodaydata.net/default.aspx

Regards

bridge

It is a good site.

Few observations/questions :

* Seems it just has Thai banks, although there are many currency pairs

* Siam City Bank seems to have the best rates throughout TT - are they in trouble at the moment or have they always given the best rates ?

* Where are the Super Rich rates published ? Has anyone actually get the rates they published when they visited the place as it seems to be a bit of a shady place when I went there, but I have heard many people say good things about it.

Edited by Khun Bob

It is a good site.

* Siam City Bank seems to have the best rates throughout TT - are they in trouble at the moment or have they always given the best rates ?

* Where are the Super Rich rates published ? Has anyone actually get the rates they published when they visited the place as it seems to be a bit of a shady place when I went there, but I have heard many people say good things about it.

I have only used it for the AUD/THB cross. I think if you use if for any other cross other than THB, it wont return a result.

Do they only deal in cash, perhaps? For banknotes, I see them at the top of the list, ie giving the best rate.

--

Maestro

Do they only deal in cash, perhaps? For banknotes, I see them at the top of the list, ie giving the best rate.

--

Maestro

Maybe I wasnt so clear. Your right that Super Rich just deal in cash (maybe Trav Cheques and Gold too - not sure). I just wanted to know the URL for Super Rich's exchange rates. The website mentioned here is just a screen scraper & aggregator so it must be getting the values from somewhere - this is what I would like to know.

From past posts I have seen that there are 2/3 places that give very good rates for cash - Super Rich, somewhere near pantip plaza and somewhere in China Town, I think. This is going back a few years from TV posts...

It is a good site.

I have only used it for the AUD/THB cross. I think if you use if for any other cross other than THB, it wont return a result.

I got rates for THB to GBP and it listed just Thai organisations, but when I tried GBP to MYR, it said something like no data available. So I guess it is just taking Thai organisations data at the moment ?

Anybody more then me think that super rich is actually behind this website it always show the best rates.

Only for cash, which compared to the others listed, I would expect SuperRich to be the best.

Have a look at TT or some of the others and you will see Siam City Bank is typically best...

As an aside, I treid to get an account on Super Rich's website :

http://www.superrich1965.com/Eng/about.aspx

but had problems registering and sent them an email through the contact us facility. I was astonished to get a reply and within 7 hours ! :

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: Re: Contact Us - Cant register

Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:56:38 +0700

References: <200907270959717.SM08824@nineweb7>

trying to fix the system, sorry.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:59 AM, wrote:

Everytime I try to register I am told the code to type at the bottom

is wrong. I think there is a problem as I am typing in the right

code. Can you please fix this or can I just email you my details

and you send me a login ?

Thanks

I've been using http://www.xe.com for years for all my international banking. More specifically http://www.xe.com/ucc/ or http://www.xe.com/ucc/full/.

The rates are fairely rounded, updated regularly and consistently :)

Hey Garry,

I had a look at that site you posted. It is good, like Oanda, but it doesn't really show what actual exchange rate I would get if I walked into a Thai Bank right now to exchange money. For example, it showed AUD/THB at 28.2154. Now, I certainly know that no Thai bank is offering that rate at this very moment.

The best thing about the site I posted about (see OP) is that it shows the rate available now from most of the leading banks in Thailand. I always use it before I change AUD, and it has always saved me money, or should I say got me more THB, as I only go to the one that offer the best rate. Hasn't let me down yet.

Regards

bridge

Regards

Bridge

As a back-up check, check out the exchange rate information posted on the Bank of Thailand's websites:

www.bot.or.th/English/Statistics/FinancialMarkets/ExchangeRate/_layouts/Application/ExchangeRate/ExchangeRate.aspx

and www.thaifxrates.net/

Cheers