Bangkok Versus Pattaya

yesiam

if one wanted to open restaurant businesses would one pick bangkok over pattaya?

for quality of life would one pick pattaya over bangkok?

is bangkok much more crowded noisier polluted and hotter than pattaya?

can one live in the pattaya area and commute to bangkok?

..although the restaurant business is a risky one, especially with the abundance of them both in bangkok and Pattaya, I would choose Pats' over Bkk. Pattaya has truly grown into a a big town and there have been a lot of upgrades...You can easily reach bangkok in under 2 hrs (if you go at the right time), you have almost all the amenities of Bkk (supermarkets, hospitals, entertainment, schools, etc...), real estate is still affordable compared to the big city, cost of living is relatively less, you are on the seaside, only 50 mins away from the new airport...I am sure someone will fill you in on the negative aspects....Try both for one week each, and see how you feel?... :o

if one wanted to open restaurant businesses would one pick bangkok over pattaya?

if one is asking this question, one is not ready to open a business.

if one is asking this question, one is not ready to open a business.

...and thats a fact!

Bangkok is big city with more people, pollution and hotter with temps. usually in the low to mid 90's. Pattaaya is beach side area with temps. about the same except at night when it may drop to the mid to low 80's.

A restaurant in Bangkok can have much more customers since it has a large working class and is usually the transfer point in Thailand. This means more competition with more restaurants. However if you can get the local working class to frequent your business then you will have a steady business regardless of slow tourist seasons.

In Pattaya your clientele will probably be dependant on tourists and the slow tourists season will be really slow. I doubt if the working class there can keep your business afloat. But if you can make it in Pattaya then you probably can do it in Bangkok. Good luck and Best wishes

I hate Pattaya with all my heart. I have never been to a more vile, disgusting, ugly place. But I have been going there for 15 years and will be back again next year. I love it for the first 2 or 3 days, then start to hate it again........but after a few months back home.....I start to miss it and make plans to go back. Wierd.