Car Lience

I am renewing my 5 year, have had different info on it, (can go before expiry date, cannot go before expiry date) my lience is up 31/8/2009

I have my immigration docs, going tomorow for lience, Pattaya

What do i need

Passport

Insurance

Old Lience

Copies of passport pages, 3 I would think

Blue book?

Proof of my address?

matt jomtien

As for the first question, 5 year renewal can be done up to 90 days before expiration and should not let it expire. It's only the 1 year to 5 year renewal that requires the license to expire first. Others familiar with Pattaya's specific requirements on documents will need to answer the other questions.

As for the first question, 5 year renewal can be done up to 90 days before expiration and should not let it expire. It's only the 1 year to 5 year renewal that requires the license to expire first. Others familiar with Pattaya's specific requirements on documents will need to answer the other questions.

An interesting aside on letting the 5 year licence expire. I got it wrong and renewed mine about a week after the old one expired but rather than having problems I actually got 6 years rather than 5. My current licence expires on 25th May 2015 believe it or not, as they appear to renew for 5 years from your NEXT birthday and mine had passed the week before!! :)

An interesting aside on letting the 5 year licence expire. I got it wrong and renewed mine about a week after the old one expired but rather than having problems I actually got 6 years rather than 5. My current licence expires on 25th May 2015 believe it or not, as they appear to renew for 5 years from your NEXT birthday and mine had passed the week before!! :)

I'm sure some offices do give some latitude in how late for the 5 year but it's better to not chance it. However, after saying that I was one day late due to a weekend expiration and got 5 years +364 days, so that worked out well for me too. :D

• 1 month later...

HI, My 5 year thai license has just expired,but I am told by my wife that I cannot re new as I am too old at 79.Anybody know about age requirements? Thanks