I Am Gonna Have To Increase My Intake

john b good

My old mate Bernie often said that beer in bottles has a use by life of three months from DOB (date of bottling)

I thought he might be exagerating a tad but now I am inclined to agree with him.

I opened a bottle of Leo this morning with a DOB of 31 March 2009 and it was so flat the only thing it would have been any good for was making batter.

Less than four months.

Bernie knew wot he was talkin about.

Anyone else had the same experience ??

My old mate Bernie often said that beer in bottles has a use by life of three months from DOB (date of bottling)

I thought he might be exagerating a tad but now I am inclined to agree with him.

I opened a bottle of Leo this morning with a DOB of 31 March 2009 and it was so flat the only thing it would have been any good for was making batter.

Less than four months.

No, I did have some sweet chilli sauce from a bottle back in 2002 which had an expire date somewhere in 1995. I never thought I could run that fast (to the nearest toilet, that is .........)

No....I think you had a bad bottle. I've had beers sitting in a crate under the house that I cracked open over a year later....good as gold. Beers can sit in my fridge for well over 6 months and never a problem. I'm a spirit drinker, rarely a beer drinker, that's why they can sit for a long time.

Vegemite stays good for years after it's BB date.

Didn't you mean to say... "Vegemite stays alive for years after it's BB date."

I would hardly include "good" with anything regarding Vegemite. :):D:D

I drink Leo Beer on a regular basis. The majority is always good, but one time, i opened the bottle and the Beer had no fiz whatsoever, i just presumed that maybe the top had been banged at the 7.11. When i opened the bottle it did not make the normal little fiz noise.

I really think the top had come away a bit in transit, and the gas had escaped. 99% of the time it is ok though. :)

I've studied this.

I think it has something to do with heat. i.e: if you have a number of bottles sitting on the back of an open truck with the sun beating down on them all day, during transit, they are not going to last at all. Likewise if you store beer in a hot place, they won't last long.

If they are stored in a cool enviroment from the moment they are bottled then they will last well.

Less than four months.

Thanks op,i thought i was the only one to drink in morning

"I opened a bottle of Leo this morning with a DOB of 31 March 2009 and it was so flat the only thing it would have been any good for was making batter."

Maybe try opening in the afternoon or evening you might find that extra fizz......unless you are putting it on your cornflakes of course :)

Vegemite stays good for years after it's BB date.

Didn't you mean to say... "Vegemite stays alive for years after it's BB date."

I would hardly include "good" with anything regarding Vegemite. :):D:D

I reckon 75% of Aussie and Kiwi children were brought up on vegemite or marmite sandwiches.

Perhaps it's this rich source of B vitamins at an early age that make us so physically impressive and mentally balanced. :D

Beer is disgusting too, if you're not used to it.

:D

Less than four months.

It was 01.00 not 08.00 :)

I think the production rush leading up to Songkran might be the answer though.

And may I ask Ian, just what do Canadians put on their toast to make them so virile :D

Less than four months.

It was 01.00 not 08.00 :)

I think the production rush leading up to Songkran might be the answer though.

And may I ask Ian, just what do Canadians put on their toast to make them so virile :D

Obviously not Vegemite.