Hotel(s) In Bangkok

prestige

Hi,

Will be arriving in Bangkok 27th. March 2005 and I am looking for a good hotel to stay at for about 3 or 4 days.

Never been to bangkok before and I would appreciate some recommendations - not wanting to spend more than USD125 per night at most.

Also it would be great if the hotel(s) recommended had a very "tolerant" policy towards guests.

Thanks

Ian

[email protected]

US $125 goes a long way in Bangkok. The JW Marriott on Sukhumvit Soi 2 would be my first suggestion - amazingly, they seem to take a very easy-going approach to room guests.

Do not get taken aback if a security guard at an elevator asks for a girl's ID card - this is so they can record her data. She then knows that she can be tracked down if she does you wrong.

A second recommendation would be the Novotel Lotus on Sukhumvit Soi 33. Third choice: Ambassador Boulevard on Sukhumvit Soi 5. Then Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, opposite Soi 19.

Cheers!

Steve

Indo-Siam

Thar's alot of money for a BKK hotel,well I think so. Try the link above on hotels and just look at hotels on Sukumvit. Lots around the $50 mark, clean and secure. Far less problems with guests and guests won't think you're 'rockerfella" staying at Hiltons etc.

Another decent choice is the Rembrandt on Soi 18. It's an excellent hotel with a wonderful buffet breakfast. It's a bit of a walk to the Sky Train. There are decent restaurants in the hotel and nearby. You can book it via Planet Holiday for about $52 a night, double occupancy, breakfast included.

The hotel has a pool and workout room and nice lobby.

Avoid the taxi's who loiter out front all day. If you need one, get the bellman to call a meter taxi.

Never took a "guest" there though, so I can't comment on that.

Does the pool at the Rembrandt get sun all day long and how long does it take to walk to the Skytrain?

Thanks

The pool is shaded by the hotel building in the morning.

It takes about ten minutes to walk to the Sky Train, but you have to cross Asoke, which is often an unpleasant experience....

Does the pool at the Rembrandt get sun all day long and how long does it take to walk to the Skytrain?

Thanks

The pool is shaded by the hotel building in the morning.

It takes about ten minutes to walk to the Sky Train, but you have to cross Asoke, which is often an unpleasant experience....

cross Asoke....

From memory not any more.

Left turn out of the Rem.and walk down to Suk rd.hang left till u get to the up and over road bridge near soi 23 (at night watch out for the gender benders)then pass the garage to ASOK-Big Road.From there go under the new Air Con Subway to the other side.(its got escalators and......vellee.... nice)

Exit other side,look up and theres the skytrain. :o

O.T.O.Hand......Honey Hotel Soi 19 @ 800 bt a night ....5 nati.phai durn :D:D

I just made a reservation for the Rembrandt (Soi 18) for April 5th. Double occupancy, including breakfast: US$67.00, including tax and SC. This was via Planet Holiday.

And, now I know how to get to the Sky Train without crossing Asoke! (Except I think it's a right turn out of the hotel.... :o )

I just made a reservation for the Rembrandt (Soi 18) for April 5th. Double occupancy, including breakfast: US$67.00, including tax and SC. This was via Planet Holiday.

And, now I know how to get to the Sky Train without crossing Asoke! (Except I think it's a right turn out of the hotel....  :o )

Rembrandt wiv a map. :D .......leo sigh....leo sigh...Sanuk

http://www.r24.org/thailand.nu/bangkok/rembrandt/pictures/

Sorry about all the questions but where is the nearest ATM to the Rembrandt and the nearest supermarket to stock up your fridge with beers?

Thanks

There is a mini-mart right across the street that has a good stock of beer and snack items.

There are plenty of ATM's in the vicinity, but I don't remember the exact location. Sorry about that....

JW Marriot on Suk/soi2. Everything you "need" within a two minute walk. Nana, BTS, drug stores, ATM, money changers etc. Hotel is guest friendly. I should know having spent 5 months there last year and brought in oh...I dunno, maybe a guest or two. :o

Right next door to the Marriot is a club called the Blue Wave. I think it has since changed names but if you don't want to bother with a bargirl from Nana, no shortage of freelancers in the Blue Wave. I think it's called Willies or something now. It's joined at the hip with the No Hands "restaurant."

What rate did you get for your 5 month stay and how did you get it?

Something like 95USD a night. I eventually moved into a suite that was really nice for the same rate. I was on the company dime then so cost wasn't a concern. If I was returning for maybe a week or two on my dime, I'd still stay at the Marriot otherwise I'd get a serviced apt in the area for a lot less a month.

A side note. Along with the Great Wall in China, the Wailing Wall in Jerusulem, watching a shuttle launch live, the Taj Mahal in India as must see places before you die, your life won't be complete until you stood at the enterance to the Nana Entertainment Plaza at closing and witness that sea of humanity. :o

I stayed on a regular basis a few years ago at the Royal President Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 15. The standard rooms are massive, the 'C' block suites are lounge and bedroom, and both contain a small kitchenette with full size (and empty) fridge. There's a minimart attached to the hotel where you can buy your beer for reasonable prices. The restaurant bar is small but the food (other than the buffet breakfast) is very good. There is a gym and pool, but the pool is very, very small.

Last time I enquired, the daily room rate (any number of occupants) was Bht 2,200.00.

Hi,

Will be arriving in Bangkok 27th. March 2005 and I am looking for a good hotel to stay at for about 3 or 4 days.

Never been to bangkok before and I would appreciate some recommendations - not wanting to spend more than USD125 per night at most.

Also it would be great if the hotel(s) recommended had a very "tolerant" policy towards guests.

Thanks

Ian

[email protected]

Miami Hotel Sukhumveit at Soi 13, quiet and clean.

$124.95

Tell em Khun Larry sent ya.

Go to www.priceline.com and enter a bid of $80 for 5-star hotel in Sukhumvit region. You'll get either JW Marriott, Sheraton Grande, or Westin, all guest friendly, and save some money.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

Thanks

Ian

[email protected]

Miami Hotel Sukhumveit at Soi 13, quiet and clean.

$124.95

Tell em Khun Larry sent ya.

Shouldn't the decimal point be moved one place to the left? (Believe, me I know! The Miami was my 1st "home" in BKK back in the early 90s....Khun Johnny,Sawatdee Khap!....