Has Anyone Lived At Chiang Mai Lodge Near Huey Kaew In The Past Year?

westbounder

I am looking at staying at the Chiang Mai Lodge just off of Huay kaew Road across from the Shell gas station for a month or two until I find a house. I am the only person who plans to live there and I shower twice a day but I think they charge about 25 baht per unit of water usage each month (much much more than any other place). Could anyone living there or who has lived there tell me an aprox. water bill they pay monthly. I just want to make sure the monthly cost is not astronomicle for taking 2 showers per day and that they are not scamming me.

Also is it a quiet place with good internet and are there any other drawbacks to living there?

Thank you kindly

Joe

I know of a number of snow bird farangs who have stayed at CM Lodge for the winter months, and they seemed to enjoy it. The location is great, just a short walk to Huay Kaew and one can get a song-taew anywhere. As far as water bills are concerned--it is a negligible expense--only a couple of dollars a month.

I am looking at staying at the Chiang Mai Lodge just off of Huay kaew Road across from the Shell gas station for a month or two until I find a house. I am the only person who plans to live there and I shower twice a day but I think they charge about 25 baht per unit of water usage each month (much much more than any other place). Could anyone living there or who has lived there tell me an aprox. water bill they pay monthly. I just want to make sure the monthly cost is not astronomicle for taking 2 showers per day and that they are not scamming me.

Also is it a quiet place with good internet and are there any other drawbacks to living there?

Thank you kindly

Joe

I recall someone posted about some problems with this place in a condo thread a few months back (bills and depost issues IIRC), you might want to search the forum a bit.

Don't think the place has been open much more than a year anyway.

Thank you kindly

Joe

A friend of mine spent a happy month there, just moved yesterday. The rooms are just big enough, have a fridge ,bed , seperate bathroom, and can have a great view of the mountains. They do not supply bed linen, towels etc so you have to buy your own. The furnishings are just adequate, but there is no chair, floor mat etc provided. Acess to the WI FI is 500bt per month. One thing my friend noticed, is that the built in furniture is of the cheapest quality, putting a glass of water on top of the fridge box will result in the veneer lifting. So watch your deposit. Access is by swipe card, and there seems to be some sort of security 24 hours. Bike and car parking undercroft. Hope this helps.

I know of a number of snow bird farangs who have stayed at CM Lodge for the winter months, and they seemed to enjoy it. The location is great, just a short walk to Huay Kaew and one can get a song-taew anywhere. As far as water bills are concerned--it is a negligible expense--only a couple of dollars a month.

'

Whats a Snow Bird farang?

Whats a Snow Bird farang?

From Wikipedia:

The term Snowbird is used to describe people from the Northeast, Midwestern United States, or Canada who spend a large portion of winter in warmer locales ... :)

Amazing, I never knew that!!

Edited by davee58

snowbirds are the mainstay of the economy in some far southern parts of Florida, Texas, etc. And Chiang Mai

is a unit of water one cubic meter? that's lots of showers

Indeed, and if you don't shower - a hel_l of a lot of flushes. :)

Edited by uptheos