Agama Yoga Retreat

hello !

i was wondering if anyone had been to the Agama yoga retreat in koh Pangan?

i m here in Chiang Mai learning thai massage and was thinking to go for a couple of weeks for this yoga retreat but not sure what to expect.

I hear that the island was more like a party place with infamous full moon party and thats exactly the crowd i would like to avoid.

Also any one has recommendations about buddhist class and meditation in Chiang Mai ?

Thanks

Luca

hello !

i was wondering if anyone had been to the Agama yoga retreat in koh Pangan?

i m here in Chiang Mai learning thai massage and was thinking to go for a couple of weeks for this yoga retreat but not sure what to expect.

I hear that the island was more like a party place with infamous full moon party and thats exactly the crowd i would like to avoid.

Also any one has recommendations about buddhist class and meditation in Chiang Mai ?

Thanks

Luca

I had a friend that lived in Chiang Mai and went to Koh Panang a few times for yoga/meditation retreats. He loved it! The party scene is huge, but that's all around Haad Rin where the full moon parties are. Go to the opposite side of the island. It's gorgeous. I'll try to get a hold of my friend, he's on holiday now. Good luck!

Living very close to Agama and having many people from there come in my restaurant, I can only say their yoga courses are always full of people and my thai wife sometime goes too due to the free course for thai people. Said that, I don't know so much more.

positive comments are hearsay gossip too, no?

Positive comments are from experience. A hearsay comment , unless you have experienced it yourself is just

that , useless & malicious gossip.

Living very close to Agama and having many people from there come in my restaurant, I can only say their yoga courses are always full of people and my thai wife sometime goes too due to the free course for thai people. Said that, I don't know so much more.

And how much will it cost for you?

There is lot's of Yoga on the island. That being said, even if you go and check out Agama's course and it's not to your liking there are about 5 more places to do Yoga all within a 5 to 10 motorbike ride in the same part of the island. During high season, that is.

As mentioned before there is the party scene and there is a Yoga scene as well. You can find Yoga classes and courses on Thong Nai Pan, Had Tien, Had Yuan, Had Wynam, Had Rin, and the greater Had Yao area.

Samui has a lot as well.

There is lot's of Yoga on the island. That being said, even if you go and check out Agama's course and it's not to your liking there are about 5 more places to do Yoga all within a 5 to 10 motorbike ride in the same part of the island. During high season, that is.

As mentioned before there is the party scene and there is a Yoga scene as well. You can find Yoga classes and courses on Thong Nai Pan, Had Tien, Had Yuan, Had Wynam, Had Rin, and the greater Had Yao area.

Samui has a lot as well.

if you looking for a good yoga retreat, i would propose to check "Monte Vista Retreat" near Thongsala! If you like "clubbing" like "Osho" (Guru) Agama is sure the best ;-) Agama is a Tantric Yoga school and very popular.

Near Had Salad you find two cool Yoga schools, Pyramid Yoga (which is on sale or sold already) and the "Yoga Retreat" (Hata Yoga).

If you looking for a Buddhist retreat, then "Wat Kao Tam" in Ban Tai would be the place! Very famous in the Buddhism world. All have websites! Their 10 day retreat is famous. There are many more in the high season as mentioned in an other post here from Seville!