Can Gold Or Silver Be Sent By Mail

buffaloe

hello everyone,i was thinking about sending my mom some silver and gold.can it be done.if so is there anyway to prevent it from being stolen.if it cannot be sent by thai.postal system is there any other way to send.thank you,buffaloe

hello everyone,i was thinking about sending my mom some silver and gold.can it be done.if so is there anyway to prevent it from being stolen.if it cannot be sent by thai.postal system is there any other way to send.thank you,buffaloe

I sent a 23K gold chain last year to the states. It can be done. The problem is that if you do not declare it at the post office and customs finds out that it is gold, the person that you are sending it to will be stuck paying the duty on it, which customs will estimate. This is what happened to me. Good luck!

I must be honest, as much as I praise the Thai post office; I've used them countless times to send products overseas and never had an issue, I would draw the line at gold.

A courier service should be the way to go, like DHL.

Regards Bojo

I wouldn´t send it with the thai postal service. At two occasions my parcels somehow disappeared and since I stopped using them for deliveries including valueables. Got tired of sponsoring them. There is a thai company named Raw-saw-paw that I use now. But I think they only do domestic deliveries. Anyway they´re really good and reliable. They even picked up a 400 kilo safe for me in Samui and delivered it to Surin.

• 4 weeks later...

An example of Thai Post Office theft.

Someone sends me a parcel. They try to deliver but cannot and leave a card. I take the card to the office and they say too late, it has been send back to the sender. The sender confirms that they did not put a return address on it nor inside. The Thai POst Office insist they sent it back, despite that being impossible.

I wouldn't trust them with gold coloured paint.

I took a letter with a pre addressed envelope to be posted today. The destination, on the envelope, was UNITED KINGDOM. I was asked to delete UNITED KINGDOM as they had never heard of it. I was asked to change it to ENGLAND. No wonder the first letter never arrived. Bless them. I wonder where it ended up ?

Edited by coventry

I took a letter with a pre addressed envelope to be posted today. The destination, on the envelope, was UNITED KINGDOM. I was asked to delete UNITED KINGDOM as they had never heard of it. I was asked to change it to ENGLAND. No wonder the first letter never arrived. Bless them. I wonder where it ended up ?

Coventry,maybe :)