What To Buy In Night Bazaar?

leonardodavinci

What to Buy in the Night Bazaar

Nothing

If you have to buy something touristy, I suggest you buy it at the Sunday walking market, where the prices are somewhat less than the Tourist Bazaar. You may even see some locals walking around the Sunday market aswell. :)

Would not recommend buying any electronics over here, they are usually the same price or more than in wester countries. Plus good luck getting any warrenties fullfilled from your home country, plus you might buy a fake if your not careful.

I agree with freddy. Look, but don't buy. The walking street markets that happen on weekends are usually cheaper, but you really need to shop and compare. Walking street markets are when the city closes sections of the city to vehicle traffic in the evening.

I would ONLY buy hand crafted goods that I can't find at home. Clothing you can usually buy cheaper at home when it goes on sale. The same goes for footwear. I get stuff from Walmart in Canada that is much cheaper than what I would spend in Thailand.

As others have already mentioned, electronics are usually cheaper in North America. I can't speak for the UK or Australia.

Huh? IanForbes you apparently have not had to purchase clothes in Europe. Clothes are way cheaper here than in Europe or America. I can't say about Canada since the last time I was there was 1975. But if you shop at Central or Robinsons then of course prices are high. I love shopping for clothes or shoes in Thailand because they are dirt cheap!

Not the case in the UK now.

Last time we went (Xmas) my wife had a field day with good quality clothes that WERE CHEAPER and BETTER QUALITY than you can buy here

What to Buy in the Night Bazaar

Nothing

If you have to buy something touristy, I suggest you buy it at the Sunday walking market, where the prices are somewhat less than the Tourist Bazaar. You may even see some locals walking around the Sunday market aswell. :)

Would not recommend buying any electronics over here, they are usually the same price or more than in wester countries. Plus good luck getting any warrenties fullfilled from your home country, plus you might buy a fake if your not careful.

I agree with freddy. Look, but don't buy. The walking street markets that happen on weekends are usually cheaper, but you really need to shop and compare. Walking street markets are when the city closes sections of the city to vehicle traffic in the evening.

I would ONLY buy hand crafted goods that I can't find at home. Clothing you can usually buy cheaper at home when it goes on sale. The same goes for footwear. I get stuff from Walmart in Canada that is much cheaper than what I would spend in Thailand.

As others have already mentioned, electronics are usually cheaper in North America. I can't speak for the UK or Australia.

Huh? IanForbes you apparently have not had to purchase clothes in Europe. Clothes are way cheaper here than in Europe or America. I can't say about Canada since the last time I was there was 1975. But if you shop at Central or Robinsons then of course prices are high. I love shopping for clothes or shoes in Thailand because they are dirt cheap!

Not the case in the UK now.

Last time we went (Xmas) my wife had a field day with good quality clothes that WERE CHEAPER and BETTER QUALITY than you can buy here

I'd agree with this. To give an example, at the very lowest end, a white cotton T-shirt. ASDA in the UK sells three 100% cotton white T-shirts that are actually good quality for one pound 99, about 106 Baht. In Tesco Lotus in the Thailand the cheapest white T-shirt is polyester rubbish and is 69 Baht for one.

I'd agree with this. To give an example, at the very lowest end, a white cotton T-shirt. ASDA in the UK sells three 100% cotton white T-shirts that are actually good quality for one pound 99, about 106 Baht. In Tesco Lotus in the Thailand the cheapest white T-shirt is polyester rubbish and is 69 Baht for one.

I concur. In fact, most (decent) brands of clothing you find in the malls here are cheaper back in England. An <deleted> t-shirt I bought in Bangkok for 2,500 Baht costs about 30 quid in England. Strangely, the one I bought in BK was made in Turkey and the one in England was made in Cambodia!?

I can't say about the U.K. because it has been years since I shopped for clothes there, but in Germany and the Czech Republic where I lived, clothes are a heck of a lot more money than they are in Thailand. Of course there are the Chinese outdoor markets that sell clothes but they are very poor quality, not stylish, and more than 50% of the time, when you purchase something that is labeled XL, it is really M when you get home and try it on. At least in Thailand you can try on the clothes to see if they fit. At the Chinese markets referred to above, there is nowhere to try on clothes.

Edited by elektrified

I can't say about the U.K. because it has been years since I shopped for clothes there, but in Germany and the Czech Republic where I lived, clothes are a heck of a lot more money than they are in Thailand. Of course there are the Chinese outdoor markets that sell clothes but they are very poor quality, not stylish, and more than 50% of the time, when you purchase something that is labeled XL, it is really M when you get home and try it on. At least in Thailand you can try on the clothes to see if they fit. At the Chinese markets referred to above, there is nowhere to try on clothes.

I just stand naked in the aisle while I try on the shorts. I don't wear undies because it's too hot. There's always a few shocked looks, but who cares, at least I get something that fits. :)

I just stand naked in the aisle while I try on the shorts. I don't wear undies because it's too hot. There's always a few shocked looks, but who cares, at least I get something that fits. :)

Glad you haven't provided your usual photos Ian :D

You do realise that it is illegal to leave your house unless you are wearing underwear do you?