No Rainy Season Yet

jaideeguy

This year seems drier than past years up here in Doi Saket. We get clouds, wind and black skies, but just a tinkle of rains.

Wondering if other areas around CM are experiencing same same??

Ping river seems low and the klongs are not overflowing, so it must be most of the CM valley.

This year seems drier than past years up here in Doi Saket. We get clouds, wind and black skies, but just a tinkle of rains.

Wondering if other areas around CM are experiencing same same??

Ping river seems low and the klongs are not overflowing, so it must be most of the CM valley.

Things got off to a good start with earlier than usual downfalls, which was most welcome, however things have definitely slacked off since. Do they have hosepipe bans here in the kingdom?

Regards Bojo

Actually we just had a mini shower just after Iposted the OP. Keep on comming.........we have been having to water the lawns, potted plants etc and am hoping for a break, but the wife complains about the laundry not getting dry.

It started in town while I swam, fon tok nit noi. By 6 pm I donned the full Ducati rainsuit - heavy rain. Headed out superhighway from RimCome - very heavy, dark, maybe falling at rate of 3-5 inches per hour. Became the hardest rain I've ever ridden in, for 45 minutes. Maybe 8 inches pooling in the underpasses; lost a flip-flop. A passing big truck made 3-foot splashes. Before the airport-1317 turn-off, it was raining a thousand cubic meters per second, then a trillion tsunamis per nanosecond....... I wouldn't thing you about a kid like this.

It started in town while I swam, fon tok nit noi. By 6 pm I donned the full Ducati rainsuit - heavy rain. Headed out superhighway from RimCome - very heavy, dark, ..........

Came down in buckets here, and some of the heaviest I have seen this year. Extremely heavy for well over an hour, putting the garden under 3 inches of water. I had to go out after it stopped and pump a few inches out of a large pond which was over flowing :)

It started in town while I swam, fon tok nit noi. By 6 pm I donned the full Ducati rainsuit - heavy rain. Headed out superhighway from RimCome - very heavy, dark, ..........

Came down in buckets here, and some of the heaviest I have seen this year. Extremely heavy for well over an hour, putting the garden under 3 inches of water. I had to go out after it stopped and pump a few inches out of a large pond which was over flowing :)

I think that June and July haven't been quite as wet as usual, but with the two wettest months of the year yet to come there is still plenty of time to fill the reservoirs.

I think that June and July haven't been quite as wet as usual, but with the two wettest months of the year yet to come there is still plenty of time to fill the reservoirs.

Welcome back.

Will the increase in water by the heavy rainfall have any impact on your free water policy.

Welcome back.

Will the increase in water by the heavy rainfall have any impact on your free water policy.

Not at all. I've never knowingly charged for rainwater (or dishwater, for that matter). 

Worth a try though. Bottle it as Chiang Mai's finest. 'Chiang Mai Dew' - how does that sound? Got to be worth 30 baht, surely.

Thanks to Jaidee it's hardly stopped raining for 2 days - Tennis at 4pm is in serious doubt. Cheers, Jonah!! :)

Edited by KevinHUNT

I guess what I was asking in my OP was 'are there areas around CM that may be in a rain shadow, and other areas where rainfall is higher?'. Seems years past have been wetter and we have had several floods per season, but the last three years, no flooding.

I can see rain in lots of other areas of CM....especially near Doi Suthep, but out in the Doi Saket area, it is dry with only passing clouds.